Senior Recruiter – Editorial & Research (News)
New York, NY
Posted Jun 19, 2020 - Requisition No. 83539
At Bloomberg, we are passionate about hiring dynamic and innovative individuals to build out our rapidly growing business. We operate in a high pressure, fast paced environment, and are dedicated to hiring the best people for our teams. We are looking for a Senior Recruiter to join our America’s team to help expand our Editorial & Research business by identifying, attracting and hiring top talent for our experienced hires.
Bloomberg News is one of the largest global financial news organizations in the world, leading the way in delivering news coverage in all its forms for the people with the most at stake. We report on the issues that matter to financial and business professionals - when they happen, and where they happen. If it affects markets, Bloomberg News will be there first, delivering the world's most accurate information in milliseconds, on virtually every stock, bond, and economic indicator. We lead the way in breaking news about events that help our readers to stay a step ahead of the markets.
Who you are:
You are an energetic, commercial, creative, and collaborative senior recruiter who believes that talent is the fuel that makes the business world go around. You know the News landscape and just how critical it is to find the right thinkers, doers, writers, leaders, and innovative talent to compete in a marketplace of emergent platforms, products, and personalities. You understand the importance of investing in partnering with your clients to help find and select the best and brightest diverse talent. You are a natural connector. You bring a deep commitment to building an inclusive workforce, person by person and team by team.
What you'll do:
You will be responsible for supporting the strategic development and execution of the America's recruitment strategy. Out of the gate, you’ll foster relationships with the senior leaders of the news organization, develop a strong business acumen and learn the extraordinary Bloomberg culture. You will establish credible relationships with hiring Managers and HR partners, and ensure a smooth full cycle recruiting process alongside fostering an extraordinary candidate experience.
We are a passionate, hard-working, and collaborative team. We partner closely with our businesses to develop a deep understanding of their objectives, products, people, and challenges, and use these insights to develop a comprehensive strategy to attract and hire top level talent. We bring creative ideas, curiosity, and insight to the table, backed up with market knowledge and a data-driven approach. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we are known for.
We'll trust you to:
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the business and proactively consult with hiring managers on an ongoing basis to understand their current and future hiring needs and strategy.
- Lead the full life cycle recruitment process for all experienced level hires, both internally and externally.
- Drive Diversity & Inclusion recruiting initiatives to expand our diverse talent pipeline and further diversify our newsroom including partnering with our D&I Talent Acquisition Team, D&I Client Partners and D&I Sourcing Specialists.
- Effectively manage processes around larger initiatives, strategic projects and programs focused on equipping the business with the tools they need to hire top, diverse talent (e.g. competency based interviewing training, quality of hire etc.).
- Support a talent management culture by building strong working relationships with regional and global peers, HR BPs, Talent Partners and D&I Partners to impact current business issues and strategic initiatives.
- Leverage and interpret data to drive hiring strategy with the business.
- Support the business as an impactful coach and enhance efficiency, quality, and productivity for all talent acquisition priorities.
- Engage in workforce planning, business planning and forecasting as well as establishing and tracking metrics to measure the efficiency and effectiveness.
- Refine and increase the quality of search delivery, stay abreast of market trends affecting our businesses as well as employment trends.
You need to have:
- 8+ years of recruiting experience, including the successful recruitment of experienced and senior-level professionals; experience in the News and/or Media industries
- Superb verbal and written communication, customer service, and collaboration skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, multi-task, roll up your sleeves, be client-focused, and adapt in a fast-changing environment
- Strong relationship management and negotiation skills, a consultative approach, the ability to influence multiple constituents without direct authority and effectively network within a heavily-matrixed organization
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle a high volume (60+ roles filled per year), juggle various projects, and be efficient with your workflow
We’d love to see:
- A passion for global financial markets, companies, and economies
- Demonstrated success driving diversity recruiting initiatives
If this sounds like you:
Submit your application and we'll get in touch!
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services cultivates innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from you if you are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.