Senior Software Engineer - DataHub Search
Posted Apr 6, 2021 - Requisition No. 83631
The DataHub Engineering team provides a distributed platform for hosting datasets, complete with managed data stores, search, discovery, batch analytics and real-time stream processing capabilities. Our goals: ensure high quality content, which is indispensable to financial markets, is cataloged, standardized, discoverable, distributed and accessible in one place.
Who are you:
The ideal candidate is an innovative problem solver who enjoys working in multiple roles and thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. You are curious, kind, continually learning, and happy to share what you learn. You enjoy pursuing complex issues to their root cause. You love search engine internals, performance at scale and engineering for reliability.
What's in it for you:
As a search engineer in the DataHub team, you will build low latency discovery services that scale to address needs of financial datasets at Bloomberg. You will engineer reliable systems, learn unique needs of financial data, innovate on platform services and query patterns. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to open source projects. You'll be surrounded by people who are passionate about distributed computing, and believe that world-class service is critical to customer success. You'll get the chance to work with development teams across Bloomberg and understand their application requirements and build systems together.
You'll need to have:
- 4+ years of professional experience building reliable high performance services using Java
- Experience performance engineering low latency services
- Understanding of search engine internals and experience with either Solr or Elasticsearch
- Experience in software instrumentation for monitoring and observability
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- Ownership, quality, empathy for our users, team, contributions to database community and a bias for action