Product Owner - Contracts Management System
New York, NY
Posted Jun 25, 2020 - Requisition No. 83636
Data Strategy & Operations team within Contracts & Exchanges is a team that is comprised of product owners for major functionality used across the department, data analytics, and overseas resources for our dedicated Engineering teams. The team works with our internal teams and businesses around the organization to streamline the workflows, champion improvements to controls, and drive better business results.
What is the role?
The Product Owner for the Contracts Management System will be tasked with rebuilding the Contracts Template Management system. You will help drive the direction of redesigning our product by collaborating with Contracts Business Managers, Engineering, and product stakeholders. You will be the main point of contact for requirements discussions, setting priority for Engineering, and moving the project forward. The role will also be empowered to represent our team as a key communication interface for the overall Template management project with all teams impacted by this initiative.
We’ll trust you too:
- Lead strategy development and product development focusing on streamlining our Template Management system
- Collaborate with Business Owners, Engineering and other Bloomberg product teams to determine how to best leverage existing contract management tools and build new technology in an effort to consolidate platform and infrastructure.
- Develop and manage relationships with internal stakeholders (csrm, contracts, negotiations) and technical decision makers
- Drive UX decisions that ensure our processes are intuitive and simple to use
- Clearly identify roadmap and articulate the goals, deliveries, timeline, and benefits of the plan for senior managers
- Ensure the right resources are assigned to the right projects and all necessary parties are informed of the status
- Set direction and oversee execution from our ENG teams, priorities for projects, KTLO and infrastructure upgrades.
- Influence process and propose new ways to work effectively
- Understand technology, or alternatives and successfully build a product that can meet the needs across function users
You’ll need to have:
- 3 years Product Development or Project Management experience
- Experience with developing, architecting, or designing web applications.
- Passionate about the industry with a particular focus on technology and how to leverage it to deliver innovative solutions.
- Strong decision making ability
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable working independently
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with ability to work well with colleagues at all levels
If this sounds like you:
Apply! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look here: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.