Senior Product Manager
New York, NY
Posted Jun 25, 2020 - Requisition No. 83639
Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative.
We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg Media is looking for an experienced Product Manager to drive innovation within our product portfolio (bloomberg.com, video, mobile app, & OTT) and to help grow our business. We’re looking for strategic thinkers, people who can help set the product vision and roadmap for Bloomberg Media and understand how to execute on that vision.
We'll trust you to:
- Take ownership of product strategy, roadmap and execution with a team of engineers
- Understand how to identify the big wins and prioritize features that will have measurable impact for our customers and on the business, using data to inform your decisions
- Create a compelling roadmap that demonstrates an understanding of business goals, supported by market research, data, and user engagement data and research
- Be a strong leader and a compassionate team member, partnering with cross-functional teams across the building to make things happen
- Have a passion for user experience, conducting user research and working closely with designers and engineers to create amazing experiences
- Strong leadership and communication skills; ability to clearly, consistently and broadly communicate about product vision, status, goals and impact to leadership and across the organization
You’ll need to have:
- Demonstrated experience (5+ years) working in B2C product, ideally in mobile, video and / or news
- A strong bias toward action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development
- Excellent people skills and a proven collaborator; ability to work successfully with both direct and indirect teams across the organization, gaining consensus and stakeholder buy-in
- Ability to take initiative and is comfortable working in a complex organization
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and feature concepts
- Comfortable setting and owning key KPIs & goals, as well as tracking projects against the KPIs, celebrating wins and learning from misses
- Experience with site optimization and using A/B multivariate testing Deep understanding of technology and latest trends in the digital space
- Empathy for our users, a high level of integrity
- Understanding of design principles, usability, UX design
- Experience and demonstrated ability in understanding and discussing technical concepts and tradeoffs
Experience working with data engineering, machine learning or data science, a plus
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.