Software Engineer – Trading and Analytics - Pune, India
Posted Jun 30, 2020 - Requisition No. 83685
Every day, our systems analyse, process, and execute trading on trillions of data points. As a result, the biggest players in the financial industry depend on our 500 enterprise applications to manage their portfolios, execute their trades and analyse the markets. As engineers, we’re building the applications our clients rely on to not just stay informed, but stay ahead of the market. The applications and infrastructure we build embody the speed, agility and financial data that make Bloomberg the go-to for financial professionals across the globe.
You'll have the opportunity to learn about the financial markets and take ownership of the growth our industry-leading applications. You'll lead projects, partner with the business and meet clients to understand their workflows. Our opportunities cover all phases of the software development life cycle, providing a chance to make an immediate impact and work on the financial world's toughest technical challenges. We're looking for passionate engineers who want to help us take our products to the next level.
We’ll trust you to:
- Take responsibility for the full software development life-cycle, from understanding the needs of the business through to coding, deployment and maintenance. Your work will be highly visible, making you highly accountable
- Enjoy solving highly complex problems while understanding the scope and impact of your work
- Be quick, resourceful, flexible, and an excellent collaborator. You will balance the best of technical and product knowledge to craft unsurpassed product solutions for our customers
- Engage with the wider community – from Inner Source to Open Source, you’re someone who likes to collaborate
You'll need to have:
- 3-5 years work experience in C++
- An aptitude for analytical problem solving
- Exposure to all phases of the software development life cycle
- A degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related is required
We'd love to see:
- Experience with other object-oriented programming languages
- Experience with multithreading
- Experience with high volume, high availability distributed systems
- An interest in the financial markets
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Olivia Meets Chelsea Ohh, Software Engineer Team Lead at Bloomberg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmatgY7wGBE&feature=youtu.be
Check out Bloomberg Engineering -> www.bloomberg.com/engineering
Read about the unique problems we’re solving -> TechAtBloomberg.com
See how Bloomberg's leading the way toward a sustainable future -> https://www.bloomberg.com/impact
Bloomberg is a financial technology company. Our technology drives the world’s leading financial market participants. Our strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 310,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg has one of the largest private networks in the world, and we process billions and billions of data from all over the globe.
See https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/ to learn more about our Engineering culture.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.