Cloud Infrastructure Engineer - DNA
New York, NY
Posted Jul 2, 2020 - Requisition No. 83720
We build infrastructure platforms and tooling to enable other teams to build modern horizontally scalable data-intensive applications. Hundreds of people use our software to deploy complex applications to thousands of nodes on a daily basis, and our expertise is central to designing these complex applications and sustainable deployment strategies for them. Our solutions drive applications consumed both by Bloomberg employees and customers of the Bloomberg Terminal, used by hundreds of thousands of people every day.
Somebody in this position will:
- Design infrastructure that will underpin high-visibility applications used by tens of thousands of people daily
- Write declarative manifests for Terraform or other similar software to build your infrastructure designs
- Develop policies and guidelines for the optimal architecture of applications in such environments
- Develop tooling to provide seamless developer experiences as they promote their application from sandboxes up to customer-facing production environments
- Work with teams as they migrate to and build new applications on your infrastructure
You need to have:
- A thorough understanding of immutable infrastructure principles and 12-factor applications
- Systems configuration and automation experience (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, SaltStack - error handling, idempotency, configuration management)
- Linux systems experience (Ubuntu, Debian experience preferred, ideally conversant in networking and syscalls)
- Experience with HashiCorp Terraform and Packer
- Experience in cloud provider environments (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
We’d love to see:
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with non-public cloud providers, e.g. OpenStack
- Open source community experience (a well curated blog, upstream accepted contribution or community presence)
How we give back:
We make extensive use of Open Source Software. As part of that, we make a commitment to upstreaming features and bug fixes to the software we use. Whether pushing bug fixes upstream, developing new features, giving presentations at conferences/meetups, or collaborating with industry leaders, open source is at the heart of our team. It's not just something we do in our free time -- it’s how we work.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
In the meantime, check us out at http://www.techatbloomberg.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact email@example.com