Enterprise Data - Implementation Specialist - Singapore
Posted Jul 7, 2020 - Requisition No. 83730
Today our clients are under mounting pressure to do more with less, as demands to reduce operational risk and increase operational efficiency have never been greater. While firms acknowledge the need for enterprise-wide data consistency, ensuring its timeliness, quality, delivery, reliability and distribution remains a pervasive challenge.
The entire enterprise benefits from the consistency of Bloomberg's high-quality data when front, middle office and operations all work with the same information. Firms that commit to utilising only the highest-quality data can eliminate the data inconsistencies inherent to working with multiple vendors and lower their costs overall. A partnership with Bloomberg Enterprise Data allows just this, giving them strategic advantage.
What's the role?
As a key member of our APAC Enterprise Data implementation Team, you will be responsible for the deployment of the entire suite of our real-time and reference Enterprise Data products. Working closely with colleagues from the Technical Account Management and Enterprise Data Support teams, you will be the project owner and trusted go-to person for the client during the product implementation period, involving yourself in a range of duties including pre-sales activities, actual deployment and last but not least post-implementation tasks such as documentation and support handover. We’ll trust you to focus on the following core areas:
1) Technical planning and pre-engagement analysis
- Complete an analysis of the client's technical environment and understand how their applications will utilise Bloomberg technology and services
- Understand, document and manage any potential risks or challenges to the project
- Undertake infrastructure reviews and be responsible for obtaining and communicating circuit and other network equipment management costs
- Work with the Technical Account Management team to ensure the client is fully aware of the implementation processes and procedures as well as target timeline
2) Manage and execute the technical implementation process
- Implement the design as agreed during pre-sales stage (when applicable)
- Create and maintain a detailed technical implementation, getting client commitment to an aggressive timeline by demonstrating the value of the data and to achieve a short time from contract signed to usage
- Lead and own the interaction with internal groups as required
- Conduct initial training of client administration staff on management and entitlement tools and other reporting obligations
3) Post implementation Quality Assurance
- Validate implementation and cross-check against the requirements specified in any pre-sales document or proposal
- Complete connectivity and failover testing
- Undertake application testing using standard Bloomberg tools to ensure data flows are working as expected
- Sign off on the technical implementation and complete a production handover
- Actively participate in new product roll outs
- Execute and lead special projects or new initiatives
- Assist in producing implementation documentation
What do I need to apply?
- Fluent English and Mandarin speaker
- Technical understanding of the comparative benefits of various technical enterprise solutions (e.g. hosted, managed, deployed, close proximity)
- Technical market data analysis experience and knowledge of financial market data products, delivery services, APIs and protocol technologies
- Awareness of software development with proficiency in Excel, MS Visio, MS Project & Office Suite
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written), with experience of being client-facing on a regular basis.
- Able to demonstrate successful project management skills
- Demonstrate leadership and take pride in project delivery
We would also love to see:
- Experience working with Redhat Linux OS / Windows Desktop OS administration and tuning
- Unix scripting (e.g. Bash, Korn, Perl) and OS / Network administration & tools (e.g. FTP/SFTP, SCP, Telnet, SSH)
- Advanced network design capabilities
- Understanding of concepts of market data compliance rules & regulations
- Experience with market data contributions and real-time market data publishing
- Prince II or alternative project management qualification
- Working experience with software development
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/solution/content-and-data/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.