Diversity Talent Program Manager – Diversity and Inclusion
Posted Jul 7, 2020 - Requisition No. 83764
Who We Are:
Bloomberg drives disruptive innovation and breakthrough performance by embracing diversity in all its forms and all its nuances. We strive to create a culture that values difference, champions inclusion and promotes collaboration to drive business results. We work across regions to ensure that we're addressing local priorities consistent with local cultures. As our global client base becomes increasingly diverse, our focus on diversity and inclusion helps us stay attuned to our clients’ rich and varied cultures, norms and business practices.
What We Do:
We’re thought-leaders and change-agents. We bring best-of thinking in the D&I space to our colleagues, business and external partners. We challenge the organization to think differently about top talent. We ensure that the right programs, data and policies are in place to enhance our inclusive workplace. Whether it's by committing to challenge the way we think and act around race and ethnicity in the workplace, organizing Veterans insight days to help ex-military people to be equipped to be successful in their new career, leading progressive conversations on LGBTQI and mental health topics, embedding diversity into our products like the gender diversity index or many other impactful initiatives, we consistently strive to maintain an inclusive environment.
What's the role?
Bloomberg's Diversity Talent Specialist team is looking for a Talent Program Manager, to be based in London. This is a newly created position in our Diversity and Inclusion team. In this role you'll lead global planning and provide program and project management of D&I Development and Acceleration programs. The goal of the Diversity Talent Specialist team is make Bloomberg more successful by assessing our underrepresented talent, identifying skill gaps and crafting bespoke development experiences in order to help the talent grow and accelerate their careers. The best athletes have coaches that make them exceptional; they develop them differently and give them the chance to realize their potential.
We'll trust you to:
- Project manage all key strategic priorities for Global and Regional Diversity Talent Programs
- Develop meeting schedules, detailed project plans and timelines, as well as project status reports for key projects
- Work with senior HR Leaders and the D&I team to deliver executive level summary updates and presentations, including business impact, and supporting data analysis
- Work closely with external vendors to ensure smooth delivery of programs
- Identify and manage inter-dependencies and risks, provide data governance across systems to ensure employee data is accessible and consistent across projects
- Ensure that data analysis is being used to plan for programs and to measure effectiveness of content
- Work closely with Global D&I Program Manager to manage budget and expenses across key projects and programs
- Own the measurement of all programs. Tracking participants on their journey reviewing, retention, mobility, career growth and career progression
You'll need to have:
- Experience of managing complex projects to a high standard, within budget and to required time frames
- Ability to effectively interact in a cross-functional environment, presenting to individuals across a range of backgrounds and tenures
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work within a dynamic, fluid environment; comfortable resolving issues and managing risks
- A can-do approach with sound commercial acumen, the ability to challenge senior leaders and a consistent track record operating within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the adeptness to convert data and research into measurable areas of focus
- Experience driving cross functional prioritization and alignments on enterprise wide projects
- Comfort in influencing and directing others, often without direct line reporting authority
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, facilitation, presentation, and interpersonal skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.