Market and Workflow Specialist for Fixed Income - (Location - Sao Paulo/Brazil)
Posted Jul 10, 2020 - Requisition No. 83838
We’re Bloomberg. We sit at the heart of the financial markets, from the largest sell-side institutions right through to the two person hedge fund - we’re an integral part of the financial markets workflow in every corner of the world. We provide our users with up to the millisecond market moves and analytics as well as connecting them with their counterparts and the wider community of 325,000 Bloomberg Terminal subscribers.
Our Sales teams are industry renowned for their subject matter expertise and platinum service levels. You’ll have industry renowned training, not just when you join us, but continually throughout your career here. Just like we invest in our products, we invest in our people. It gives us the edge.
What's the role?
As a Workflow Specialist we will trust you to cover the Colombian and Argentine Market, while working and residing in São Paulo - Brazil. The Latam Workflow & Market Specialist team within Enterprise Sales team serves as the Latin America market experts at Bloomberg. The team has deep asset class knowledge, deep understanding of client workflows and Bloomberg's product offerings. This is a client-facing, sales role, collaborating closely with various departments across Sales and Product teams to build and execute on strategies to drive sales revenue. Engagement with key Fixed Income, FX and Risk market participants across the front, middle and back-office is vital in this role. While team member specialties span multiple asset classes, we are specifically looking for hybrid specialist with deep knowledge in Fixed Income/FX, Derivatives and Risk Management analysis and market participant workflows.
We’ll trust you to:
- Cover Colombia and Argentina Markets, while residing in Sao Paulo - Brazil.
- Utilize your strong product knowledge, technical skills, and market knowledge to generate revenue for our terminal business and suite of enterprise tools, with a primary focus on prospects active in Fixed Income, FX and Risk Management.
- Understand our Fixed Income, FX and Risk Management solutions, and how clients and prospects should use them to resolve daily challenges.
- Understand the competitive landscape, market and industry trends, and how our clients and prospects could use our Fixed Income, FX and Risk Management solutions to generate ideas.
- Demonstrate that you have strong business skills that will allow you to find high ROI engagements and connect the dots between internal resources and external needs.
- Act in an advisory capacity to our clients around the challenges that they face, and how then can use our products and technology to solve them.
- Influence the direction of Bloomberg's Fixed Income, FX and Risk Management products through leadership, contribution on innovative ideas, and establishing relationships between Bloomberg's decision makers and our clients.
- Be a uniting presence between product development, sales, engineering, and specialist groups.
- Understand the product pipeline, effectively communicate it to our customers and prospects, and work with product managers to prioritize development to sell more Bloomberg products.
- Contribute innovative ideas that anticipate and address client needs.
- Establish your own business plan that aligns with product, sales, and corporate goals.
- Maintain check-in points, and self-report successes and challenges on these strategies.
- Participate actively in new projects that drive departmental and firm-wide initiatives and goals.
- Seek out additional ways to make an impact, such as mentoring, involvement in training, running campaigns, and active involvement in product enhancement.
- Availability to relocate permanently to Sao Paulo - Brazil.
- A minimum of 7 years of practical experience working in Fixed Income and/or FX role.
- A strong understanding of Fixed Income, FX, Risk Management (Market, Credit/Counterparty, Liquidity Risks).
- Deep understanding of the Latam Regulatory landscape is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of the BLOOMBERG PROFESSIONAL® service, and familiarity with other fixed income information platforms.
- An extensive network of deep client relationships, and ties to applicable professional organizations, societies and associations.
- A collaborative mindset and ability to operate within both departmental and company-wide initiatives, in a non-hierarchical structure without corporate titles.
- Strong presentation and training skills with the ability to convey complex ideas and solutions in a simple and concise way to large audiences.
- Excellent negotiating and inter-personal skills, with the capacity to influence decisions and deliver results in a timely manner.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to identify and capitalize different buyer motivations across various client sectors.
- Proven ability to manage multiple complex sales engagements concurrently.
- Experience in building and maintaining client relationships both externally and internally.
- Fluency in English and Spanish.
- Job position is offered in the Sao Paulo office. Relocation assistance will be provided for this role.
You'll need to have:
We'd love to see:
- A commercial mindset with the ability to identify and develop opportunities for other groups within the company and to build strong external networks.
- Programming experience for data analytics (Python preferred).
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/enterprise/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.