Corporate Relations Associate – EMEA - 12 MONTH FTC
Posted Jul 31, 2020 - Requisition No. 84176
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision-makers in business, finance and government a competitive edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas, delivered through innovative technology. Our people work well under pressure and thrive in a team environment. We also have great snacks.
Bloomberg’s Corporate Relations Team is within the External Relations department and focuses on building relationships with senior stakeholders within the global financial community and government institutions and providing high level engagements to Financial Products. Corporate Relations builds series of top level on the record forums and off the records exclusive events following the high level engagement strategy of Financial Products.
What's the Role?
The Corporate Relations team are seeking a highly motivated individual that will support the experienced existing members of the team in managing the production of the high level engagement plans and the outreach database. The role requires an individual that has exceptional organizational and communication skills as the job involves being able to relate with all levels within an organization both internally and externally. The candidate will also be involved in the process of strategic planning of Corporate Relations engagements therefore previous experience in international relations, external relations, public relations is required. The role involves close collaborations with other departments within the organization such as core business, government relations, media, communications, marketing and events. We are looking at an individual that after the initial year will be became a permanent member of the team. The candidate needs to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, handling high volume of projects, and have a passion for our brand.
We’ll trust you to:
- Have strong stakeholder management to ensure support businesses overall objectives
- Run your own workload and prioritise multiple requests from various parts of the business
- Have excellent communications skills, with foreign languages a plus
- Become an advocate for the Bloomberg brand to ensure all activities are aligned and support the overall brand
- Think strategically and execute tactically
- Work across multiple teams to deliver the best results
- Adapt, learn quickly and be inventive
- Be innovative and creative to bring new ideas to the team
- Be highly adaptable, innovative and welcome change as an exciting and inevitable part of the process
- Understand the importance of starting small, proving an idea, and then building on that success
- Be highly collaborative and loves to work closely with people
You'll need to have:
- Experience in the Financial Services sector (Advantageous)
- Experience within International Relations, External Relations or Public Relations
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills and ability to build and maintain a sophisticated database
- 2 years post graduate experience*
- Ability to multi-task in a time pressure environment
- Ability to successfully partner with senior management from around the globe
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Additional European Language would be advantageous
* Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from you if you are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
We’d love to see:
- Strong project management and problem solving skills with an ability to create project plans and manage through seamless execution
- Entrepreneurial mind-set and able to adapt and learn a new market
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.