San Francisco, CA
Posted Aug 10, 2020 - Requisition No. 84311
Bloomberg is the global leader in business and financial data, news and insight. Using the power of technology, we connect the world’s decision makers to accurate information on the financial markets – and help them make faster, smarter decisions.
So where does BQuant fit in?
Finance is changing, and fast; new financial professionals are even learning Python themselves. We are building a new product from scratch to open up our data, core products and visualizations to data scientists, ML researchers, and quantitative modelers. Our mission: democratize the industry by providing every participant with advanced quantitative tools that are currently only available to large banks and hedge funds.
What will you be working on?
We are building a financial data science platform on top of Project Jupyter. In particular, you will be developing Jupyter IDE features, source code management and collaboration tools, and new features for developer productivity.
We’ll trust you to:
- Build IDE features to run remote, distributed machine learning jobs, save and interact with machine learning models, and more
- Build Jupyter linting tools and collaborative code editing capabilities
- Build search capabilities for resource navigation
- Develop and deploy robust software requiring minimal maintenance
- 3+ years of production experience with React, HTML, CSS, and other web frontend technologies
- Experience supporting production systems
- An understanding that software should be kept as simple as possible
- BA, BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- Experience building full-stack applications, including service APIs and database design
- Experience contributing to open-source projects
- An appreciation for how our data sets underpin the world's financial systems - if you don't know anything about finance, you'll pick it up by interacting with a world-class team of market experts.
You need to have:
We’d love to see:
If this sounds like you, apply!
Bloomberg has funded major initiatives in the Project Jupyter community, such as JupyterLab, Voilà (a Jupyter dashboarding solution), and a Jupyter debugger. Two of your teammates will be ACM Software System Award-winning Project Jupyter members! See them discussing their work at:
We recently posted a "meet the team" blog post, check out the link below to get to know our SF engineering office!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.