2021 Bloomberg Customer Support Summer Internship - Singapore
Posted Sep 11, 2020 - Requisition No. 84966
Bloomberg fuels the power of information and technology to bring clarity to a sophisticated world. A global financial information and news leader that provides influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company delivers data, news and analytics through innovative technology and provides real time financial information to more than 325,000 subscribers globally.
In a career at Bloomberg, you will play a crucial role in making it all happen. You will be joining a team of solution-finders, with a real passion for providing superb customer service in a fast-paced environment. Exciting. Surprising. Purposeful. Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it is never dull! We are a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative — and in providing a work environment that encourages our employees to be their best.
What’s The Role?
Are you passionate about working in financial markets and by the prospect of providing technical support for the world's leading financial professionals? If so, join the Bloomberg Customer Support internship, which is a key part of our Technology Services & Solutions business.
As a future intern you have two critical focus areas: to provide exceptional customer service to a broad range of clients, and ensure the fast and effective management of various client workflows and hardware/software issues. You will provide login support and connect our clients to the various Bloomberg products and platforms they subscribe to. You will work alongside our 500 strong international team, supporting our clients collectively in more than 18 languages.
Specific tasks can include; providing outstanding customer service to our clients via the internal ticketing system, phone call, e-mail or live chat. Identifying, investigating, and resolving customer issues using proprietary company software. Collaborating with your team on various department and global projects, analyzing complex processes, and thinking of creative solutions.
Who you are:
You come to work with a purpose, understand what urgency means to a trader, are curious and take pride in being customer service driven. You love being part of a team where clients count on you every day, and you challenge and support your colleagues to innovate, learn and deliver the best service possible.
What's in it for you?
This is an exciting internship for students seeking a unique experience. We will make sure that you are ready to provide exceptional customer service through our training program. You will also receive an introduction to Bloomberg products and services, our clients, a broader insight into global financial markets, general daily inquiries, product setup and hardware, and troubleshooting.
We will help you expand your skills and opportunities in this role through project involvements. Our Interns are involved in mentoring, quality control and idea generation. Successful interns will have the opportunity to be offered a permanent full time role in Bloomberg Customer Support at the end of the Internship.
You need to have:
- Strong customer service skills including telephone etiquette and a professional demeanor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and any of the following languages: Mandarin, Hindi, Thai, Korean, Bahasa Indonesian, or Vietnamese at a business fluency level.
- A proven interest in Finance and / or Technology
- Desire to develop skills and experience in customer service in a fast-moving FinTech environment
- Willingness to learn new technologies and ability to retain information
- Careful attention to detail, with an aptitude for working quickly and accurately
- Multi-tasking and problem solving skills as well as an ability to work independently and as a member of a larger global team
- An interest in progressing a career within Bloomberg
We’d love to see:
- Curiosity to identify, research, and resolve customer technology, software and hardware issues
- Awareness of data management, privacy and information security
- Aptitude to work within highly connected and software-based systems
You will need to be:
- Currently enrolled at university with a graduation date in 2022
- Available to work for the whole duration of 10 weeks between May 2021 – July 2021
If this sounds like you:
Apply! We will get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.