Global Data - Contributions Technical Account Manager
Posted Apr 15, 2021 - Requisition No. 86489
Bloomberg runs on data. In our Global Data business, we're responsible for supplying it. The Content Acquisition & Business Management (CABM) department is responsible for managing, acquiring and integrating content and data from Exchanges, Brokers, Sell-side and other types of providers to drive the value of the Bloomberg Terminal and downstream products.
Our Client Service team is responsible for acquiring and managing content which is then made available to our client base. For clients, who use Bloomberg daily, having the ability to access this content in one place makes their workflow more efficient and helps them make more informed decisions. For the contributors of the data, being able to deliver their content in a place that their clients actively operate ensures greater market presence and returns on their distribution efforts.
What’s the role?
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Contributions Account Manager, based in our London office. Your role will be vital in supporting new and existing content providers to the Bloomberg terminal. You will be proactively working with content providers daily to ensure content is delivered in a timely and effective manner. In order to do this, you will need to build strong and lasting relationships with these institutions, have a deep understanding of the technology they use, their goals and challenges and offer outstanding support to them. You will work closely with other business areas to set company strategy around contributed content and ensure your account strategy is aligned with it.
You'll need to have:
- Ability to manage and support key accounts, helping them maintain and improve custom systems related to content dissemination
- Confidence to manage relationships on a technical and business level
- Autonomy to develop your own ideas and strategies for your accounts
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to work directly with customers
- Excellent customer service while supporting a wide range of client queries via Bloomberg Help desk
- Effective prioritisation skills and ability to work on multiple projects in parallel
- Ability to identify problems in a process and apply technical knowledge to address inefficiencies
- Capability to find technical solutions to help automate our clients’ workflows and make our internal processes more efficient
- Experience in utilising business intelligence to help spot trends, identify gaps and areas for product and content improvements
- A proactive attitude with the confidence to challenge the status quo and a real desire to improve practices and processes
- Collaborative attitude and ability to work with the global team of motivated Product managers, Technical Account Managers, Content Specialists and Engineering teams to improve our products and exceed our customers' expectations
- Keen interest in the financial markets
- Fluent knowledge of English and another European language
We’d love to see:
- Experience in data analytics tools; SQL, Python, business intelligence tools or similar
If this sounds like you:
Apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com