AI Group - Senior Software Engineer
New York, NY
Posted Aug 2, 2022 - Requisition No. 86598
In the Artificial Intelligence group, we build data-driven, highly distributed high throughput systems, which are collectively called billions of times a day. Our engineers are responsible for architecting and implementing these services end-to-end overcoming unique challenges that come with machine learning systems in the financial domain which involve building systems that have high throughput, availability, consistency and low latency. The AI Group is the central engineering group with close to 200 researchers and engineers working together to build these data-driven customer-facing products, as well as AI infrastructure and algorithms used by engineers across the company.
Some projects where we are looking for experienced software engineers include: unified search, question answering, query parsing, financial instrument (e.g., fixed income) pricing, dialogue understanding, and recommender systems. If these sound like the projects you are passionate about and want to work on, apply! Do check out our blog at https://TechAtBloomberg.com/AI and learn more about our projects and research.
In addition, we contribute to open source; contributions we have made and work with include Solr, Koan, KFServing, Cloud Native Buildpacks and PyTorch Lightning that directly impact our production services, and tools like pydocstyle, cookiecutter/cruft that improve developer experience. Broadly, we are looking for colleagues to who are passionate about software engineering and who want to learn more about:
- Parallel and distributed systems like Kubernetes, OpenMPI, Apache Kafka,
- Applied Machine Learning frameworks like PyTorch, scikit-learn, Tensorflow, and
- Data-driven frameworks like Apache Spark, Apache Solr, Pandas, Apache Hadoop.
We'll trust you to:
- Collaborate with colleagues on production machine-learning systems and applications,
- Design, experiment, and evaluate software systems,
- Write, test, and maintain production-quality code,
- Represent Bloomberg at conferences and open-source communities,
- Demonstrate technical leadership by owning cross-team projects, and
- Build the libraries and frameworks that support fault tolerant and testable systems.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelors, Masters, or a Ph.D. in CS or relevant industry experience.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, C++, or Java
- Proficiency in software development life cycle including backend and frontend systems
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.