Senior Software Engineer- RAC Ticker Plant
New York, NY
Posted Oct 16, 2020 - Requisition No. 86690
Our Ticker Plant team delivers the world's most reliable, timely and accurate financial data. We write high performance, well-factored, scalable and testable code that can mold quickly to new business initiatives. More than 4,500 engineers rely on us to provide the core foundation and data required for financial applications at Bloomberg.
Our systems are low-latency, fault-tolerant and scalable, and we handle over 100 billion items of data each day. Bloomberg's Ticker Plant provides the collection, storage, query and distribution of market data from hundreds of stock and commodity-exchanges around the world. We also develop the applications and databases that let us dynamically configure the system. We work closely with business teams to develop our systems and to be prepared for evolving customer requirements.
Our team, Ticker Plant Reference and Configuration, develops the systems which govern the behavior of critical components within the Market Data Pipeline. By doing so, we enable our Data Modelers and other Engineering teams to expand and enhance Bloomberg’s market data offerings. Constantly enhancing our market data offerings to customers, by keeping feature parity with exchanges and trading values and providing critical supplementary data points, enable our customers to focus on their core business while relying on Bloomberg for their market data needs. The Ticker Plant is the system at the heart of our market data infrastructure, and the Reference and Configuration team ensures an accelerated time to market by providing APIs and workflows that drive automation.
We’ll Trust you to:
- Work with internal customers, other related engineering teams and management to enhance functionality and improve the design of critical infrastructure as we prepare/anticipate for future needs
- Together with your team members, Implement complex, vetted designs in an Agile environment.
- Design robust, maintainable, high-performance systems in a Linux / UNIX environment, with emphasis on automated unit and integration testing.
- Be a mentor to new software engineers, to share your knowledge and experience in software engineering and systems design.
You will need to have:
- Experience and success in re-designing and re-engineering mature and highly-used software systems
- Experience and success in taking ownership for the full SDLC: from understanding the needs of the business, working with product people and internal customers to formulate requirements, developing and vetting a design to meet the requirements, to implementation, deployment and maintenance.
- At least 10 years of industry experience as a software engineer, at least 5 of them using C++ in distributed systems.
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.