News Internship - Brasília
Posted Oct 21, 2020 - Requisition No. 86774
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
It’s rare to have opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. Be a member of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients-and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
You will join Bloomberg as an intern in our Brasília office to gain hands-on experience reporting for the print department. You will have the chance to create breaking news stories under deadline for our coverage of markets, companies, economies, and governments directed toward to our and you’ll spend a lot of time working with reporters and editors in the newsroom and share responsibilities with them.
We'll trust you to:
- Cover events with big newsmakers, particularly (but not limited) from government, Congress and other political and economic institutions
- Pitch and write articles for the Bloomberg Terminal reader
- Work with our reporters on new stories
- The ability to work within a team in order to meet deadlines
- Fluency in English and Portuguese
- Be enrolled into a Journalism course in Brasília
- Availability to work 6 hours per day for the 1-2 years while in school/university
- Knowledge of global financial markets, companies and economies
- Prior experience in a real-time journalism environment
You'll need to have:
We would love to see:
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
Resumes must be in English in order to be considered.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.