2021 Global Data Summer Internship
Posted Oct 22, 2020 - Requisition No. 86788
Bloomberg runs on data, and data drives the market. Our Global Data team acquires and supplies this data to our clients. Teams work collaboratively to collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the data ultimately feeding and moving the financial markets.
As a Global Data Intern, you will have a passion for taking raw numbers and turning them into meaningful insights for the world's business and financial decision makers. You will have a natural eye for detail, an interest in the data that feeds the financial markets, and an appetite for understanding how technology can be used to enhance workflows, improve quality and expand coverage. You will collect, clean and present data, which moves markets and empowers our clients to make the right decisions on the iconic Bloomberg Terminal. You will work with our analysts who provide unparalleled customer service, establish relationships with key market players in the financial industry, inspire news content, and revolutionize Global Data at Bloomberg!
What’s in it for you?
- Gain hands-on exposure to our systems, processes, clients and the financial markets
- Apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and implement technology solutions to enhance our systems and current processes
- Discover how we maintain the standards of accuracy and timeliness for which our data is famous for
- Carry out real projects that have an exponential impact on our systems and clients
- Learn how we assist our clients with data-related queries
- Be mentored by one of our experienced Analysts throughout the 10-week internship
- Gain feedback on how to continue to develop your skills and expertise
- Receive in-depth training in the areas of terminal navigation, computer scripting languages and professional development skills all from world-class professionals
You’ll need to have:
- Strong passion for data, technology and finance
- Prior coursework or involvement within a field like Information Systems, Mathematics, Finance, Economics, or other applied sciences
- Fluency in English and one or more European or Asian languages
- Strong aptitude for problem solving and the drive to think creatively
- A demonstrable commitment to enhancing and developing products
- Availability to start a full-time position in 2022
- Availability to commit to the entire intern programme length (10 weeks)
We'd love to see:
- Recent work experience, internship or coursework in Finance, Business, Statistics, Engineering, Data Modelling or related discipline
- Experience in customer service or client relationship management
- Effective project management skills
- Enthusiasm and commitment to extracurricular activities and interests
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are! Please note this is a two stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
In the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/global-data/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com.