Artificial Intelligence Group - IR Research Engineer
New York, NY
Posted Aug 2, 2022 - Requisition No. 87012
Financial information drives the markets and Bloomberg has a wide variety and diverse set of information sources available on its flagship product – The Bloomberg Terminal. This includes structured content such as market ticks or company fundamentals data as well as semi-structured and unstructured content such as tabular data, earnings call transcripts, research reports, and news stories. It also includes other sources such as help page contents, function descriptions, and even web content. In the AI Group, we are tasked with helping our clients retrieve relevant information that they are looking for from these sources, including not only documents but also data points, charts, and actual answers. In addition, we are responsible for enabling natural language autocomplete and search over these complex domains with industry-leading standards on latency.
More about us:
The AI Group is the central engineering group with over 200 researchers and engineers working together to build data-driven customer-facing products, as well as AI infrastructure and algorithms used by engineers across the company. We also publish papers, attend conferences, organize workshops, and contribute back to the larger AI and open source community whenever we can. Broadly, we are looking for colleagues to who are passionate about:
- Software engineering
- Parallel and distributed systems
- Natural language processing
- Information retrieval
- Information extraction
- Reinforcement learning
- Graphical models
- Recommender systems
- Knowledge graphs
- Automatic speech recognition
- Machine learning for finance (pricing and recommendation)
We'll trust you to:
- Collaborate with colleagues on production systems and applications
- Design, experiment, and evaluate algorithms as well as models
- Write, test, and maintain production-quality code
- Represent Bloomberg at scientific and industry conferences
- Publish research findings in leading academic venues
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelors, Masters, or a Ph.D. in CS, ML, Math, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Quant, or relevant industry experience.
- Proficiency in modern programming languages such as Python, C++, or Java
- Proficiency in software development
If this sounds like you, apply! In addition, do check out our blog, http://TechAtBloomberg.com/AI, to learn more about our publications and projects.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.