Senior Software Engineer - C++ Infrastructure
Posted Nov 11, 2020 - Requisition No. 87159
The Bloomberg Terminal platform hosts over 10,000 unique applications that underpin the global financial markets. Our Application Frameworks group develops the platform that our 5,000 engineers depend on to build these robust applications for our users.
We create the core Terminal software that runs on all client PCs, and facilitates connection and access to the vast array of Bloomberg applications available within our environment. This infrastructure is both mission-critical and high performance, with demands of adding only 10s of milliseconds of overhead to application runtime to maintain the extreme responsiveness of the terminal software. We maintain this performance through heavily investing in optimization, metrics, and monitoring of all layers of the platform, as well as continuous integration and regression testing aimed at catching performance degradations before they enter release.
Who we are:
As the DataLayer Connectivity team, we play a critical role in reliably providing financial market data to clients all over the world. We are building out a new team in Frankfurt to help us improve our existing platform that provides the infrastructure to receive and distribute market updates to each and every application running within the Bloomberg Terminal. Furthermore we create new tools for developers to test and monitor their use of market data. We are a team of C++ developers, who are passionate about building high-quality and consistent code. When we’re writing software, memory is always front of mind for us. We take pride in providing reliable and well-tested software.
What’s in it for you:
- You’ll have the opportunity to build critical software that helps power the financial markets
- You’ll be in an environment where quality is critical, and work with engineers who are passionate about their work
- We have long been pushing the boundaries of C++, and on our team you’ll have the opportunity to work with members of the C++ standards committee.
You’ll need to have:
- Demonstrated experience programming in C++
- Strong problem solving skills, and an interest in working with different stakeholders to ensure we are providing effective tooling
- Desire and drive to learn new skills and continuously improve existing ones
- Enthusiasm for working closely with the rest of the team to solve shared goals
If you are interested in working with our team then please apply, we’d love to speak to you!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.