2021 London Winter News Internship
Posted Nov 16, 2020 - Requisition No. 87207
Bloomberg News is the world's preeminent financial news organization, leading the way in delivering fast and accurate information on multiple platforms to financial and business professionals. If it affects markets, Bloomberg News will be there. We lead the way in breaking news on companies, economies, commodities and government policies to help our ever-expanding audience stay ahead of the markets.
At Bloomberg, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy and innovation - which is where you come in. We’re looking for interns who are passionate about telling stories in a variety of forms. From graphics to TV, to written articles on the Bloomberg Terminal, we want you to collaborate across platforms to deliver critical information to our clients.
As an intern, you will have the opportunity to gain hands on reporting experience. Responsibilities may include pitching and writing enterprise stories, conducting exclusive interviews and collaborating with our multimedia platforms. We operate as one newsroom – a cross-platform, collaborative and diverse environment where print, digital and broadcast come together to produce the most accurate content for our clients.
We’re looking for:
- Prior experience and/or demonstrated interest in journalism through work experience or extracurricular activities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong curiosity, a keen interest to learn about the world and uncover surprises
- A passion for news and/or a willingness to dig in and learn about global financial markets, companies and economies
- Availability to work for 12 weeks, beginning January 2021
- Minimum two years of undergraduate study completed
- Fluency in a foreign language is a plus
What you’ll need to apply:
- Cover Letter
- Preferably three samples of journalistic work on any platform
If this sounds like you:
Apply and we'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are. Please note applications close on Friday 20th November.
To learn more, visit our YouTube channel "Inside Bloomberg"
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org