Virtual Event Support Technician, Japanese Speaker - Hong Kong (1 Year Contract)
Posted Dec 23, 2020 - Requisition No. 87924
Bloomberg is where data, people and ideas intersect. Data fuels global financial markets, informs important decisions, and is central to everything we do. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for.
At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg Marketing partners with forward-looking business leaders to seize opportunities and create impactful, innovative solutions. We deliver integrated and disruptive multi-disciplinary programs that capture attention and drive reactions. We use our wealth of data on the markets and our target audiences to inform decisions linked to measurable results.
The Global Event Team is part of Marketing and is responsible for the strategy, planning and management of events for our clients, prospects, influencers and employees. We partner across Marketing and with our internal stakeholders globally to create events that provide our attendees with an enriched and integrated Bloomberg experience. The power of our data enables us to target the right audience at the right time to achieve the strongest outcomes.
Bloomberg is looking for a virtual event support technician to join the Global Event Team. In this position, the candidate will be responsible for managing the technical success of Bloomberg’s virtual events. The role will serve as the primary audio-visual technician for each virtual event, collaborating with event managers to produce live, simulive and on-demand events across multiple platforms. Reporting to the Head of Event Technology, this role will support events across all of Bloomberg’s business verticals and will have the opportunity to influence the evolution of Bloomberg’s event technology program.
This role requires an organized, detailed-oriented individual with a passion for technology and proven customer service acumen. Working across multiple events simultaneously, the candidate should have strong, in-the-moment problem solving skills with the ability to deliver exceptional customer service.
We will trust you to:
- Provide full end-to-end technical support for your assigned events:
- Before the event:
* In coordination with the Event Manager, schedule and manage all audio-visual and platform rehearsals, tech checks and pre-recordings.
* Identify any/all connectivity/technical issues during rehearsals/tech checks and provide a plan of action to the Event Manager to remedy and communicate to stakeholders.
* Provide clear guidance to speakers on the backup plan should their primary audio or video source fail.
* Confirm all event assets have been received and are in place.
* Ensure event-level platform settings and run of show aligns with event best practices.
- During the event:
* Support each event session in collaboration with the Event Manager according to the established processes and checklists.
* Manage the technical execution of the event’s run of show (advance slides, push video scenes, lower thirds, polling, etc).
* Provide immediate technical support to both speakers and attendees, including diagnosing and troubleshooting web browsers, bandwidth and other internet-related issues.
* Immediately escalate any event issues to the Virtual Event Program Manager.
- After the event:
* Provide a clear and concise event debrief on the technical success of the event
* Basic video editing (top & tail) as required and confirm the event is available on demand.
* Assist with reporting and additional access questions as necessary.
- Drive customer satisfaction through confident and knowledgeable customer service interactions.
- Be proficient in the virtual event landscape, aware of current trends, vendors and best practices for delivering virtual events.
- Serve as a subject matter expert across Bloomberg’s core group of virtual event platforms.
- Communicate with the global event technology team to identify any recurring issues and inform product enhancements and best practices.
- Work closely with the Event Manager to provide audio-visual support for both virtual and hybrid events.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders such as A/V, Facilities, Information Systems, Design team, etc.
- Actively participate and contribute in strategy meetings to shape the evolution of the virtual event program.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of experience in web streaming, videoconferencing and virtual event/AV production.
- Firsthand experience and technical knowledge of:
- Strong technical skills and some knowledge of HTML and/or CSS
- Ability to communicate clearly, confidently and persuasively with internal and external stakeholders to provide topline, best-in-class support services.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills - willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done. Ensuring every component of an event has a fallback option should an issue arise.
- Ability to learn quickly and operate autonomously in a large, fast-paced, and unpredictable environment.
- Capacity to manage multiple events at the same time, pivoting quickly as priorities shift.
- Tech savvy: You always have your finger pulse of latest technology & competitive trends.
* Intrado (additional platform experience a strong plus)
* Live encoding applications (vMix, Wirecast, OBS, FMLE, etc)
* Video best practices (bitrate, frame size, frame rate, etc)
* Online video delivery protocols (RTMP, WebRTC, UDP/TCP)
Must be fluent in both English and Japanese.
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.