New York, NY
Posted Aug 17, 2021 - Requisition No. 88161
Bloomberg's RPA & Performance Improvement team goal is to provide a digital workforce that can supplement humans and automate low value and/or repetitive task across all Bloomberg functions/departments. We are also responsible for analysing existing processes, identifying potential improvement opportunities utilizing automated tools, and develop recommendations to successfully implement those improvements.
What’s the role?
We are seeking an experienced RPA Controller/ Developer for our RPA/Intelligent Automation team. Your primary responsibilities will be to serve as RPA Developer/Controller to develop efficient scalable automation processes and also support the business, operations and post production monitoring/troubleshooting. The role is an excellent opportunity for an experienced candidate to work closely with RPA development team, Business and infrastructure team to develop, monitor and support new automations. Also, responsible to schedule and run Blue Prism processes, ensure the stability of the Blue Prism IT environment, investigate any issues in the production processes, and raise change requests or support calls where required.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop efficient, well-structured and scalable automation processes
- Support post production automation processes, monitor RPA environments
- Bring first-hand experience and knowledge of the operational patterns of the Digital Workforce
- Collect and analyse System and Business Exceptions of the automations in Production
- Daily managing of the Blue Prism production environment (running processes, maintaining resource PCs, viewing logs etc.).
- Provide Level 1 support to the Digital workforce
- Ensure the Operational Handbook document that is produced as part of the implementation is completed to agreed standard and includes sufficient instruction, information and advice on the running of a Blue Prism automated process in a normal daily operational environment.
- Own and solve issues that arise in the day to day running of Blue Prism processes and assist in the provision of timely responses and solutions as required.
- Have key involvement in the Operational Contingency Plan that outlines how the organization will respond in the event of critical failure in the production environment.
- Work closely with the related automation delivery teams to drive successful automation in an agile fashion
- Monitor, measure, and provide feedback on process performance
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or Information/Computer related field
- 8+ years of experience in business-facing IT role or business/process analytics role.
- Minimum 3+ years of BluePrism development/support experience with good .NET/C# and SQL Server background
- A passion for finding solutions to challenges and enjoys creative problem solving and the ability to -work in collaboration and always look for continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop, optimize, and integrate analytic solutions of a complex nature across an organization.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong planning, organization, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Strong self-direction and initiative; willingness to take complete ownership over projects and tasks.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment requiring good judgment, flexibility and a hands-on approach
We’d love to see:
- Experience in AI/Machine learnings/Cognitive automation
- Familiarity on Python, Java, REST, JSON and Power-shell
- Experience in working in a dynamic Agile/SCRUM project delivery environment
- Exposure to SAP ERP system
- Project management experience a plus
- Experience in creating Epics/User Stories in JIRA
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.