Project Manager (contract)
New York, NY
Posted Jan 13, 2021 - Requisition No. 88196
Are you a person who is well-versed in emerging compute technologies?
Bloomberg is seeking an experienced Project Manager to help drive global technology projects within our Infrastructure Operations Services department. This group is responsible for creating and establishing processes around large-scale project rollouts from inception to conclusion. The Process Management team is responsible for streamlining these processes and managing roadblocks to support Bloomberg’s products and services.
What’s in it for you:
This is a unique opportunity to help the team who will drive adoption of processes and procedures that power the future of Bloomberg's infrastructure. We’ll trust you to have outstanding planning and processing skills to manage complex, large-scale, firm-critical initiatives. The PM team will help define and streamline major efforts in hardware installations, builds, migrations, maintenance and decommissions of all equipment within the Bloomberg datacenters and remote sites around the world.
We'll trust you to:
- Plan and coordinate major projects within Engineering
- Partner with Agile development teams to help develop and track project roadmaps
- Foster accountability with clear progress reporting based on a deep understanding of where barriers to execution exist
- Provide clear transparency to our stakeholders and management as it relates to project status
You need to have:
- 3+ years of experience Project Managing within IT Operations
- Experience working with Agile development practices
- Understanding of compute and network technology with ability to communicate to both engineers and non-engineers without losing critical details
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to take ownership and responsibility of issues and handle them effectively to resolution
We'd love to see:
- Experience related to compute migration and build process management
- Talent creating detailed presentations to share status of many projects with a highly engaged executive audience
- Previous history of success at a technology company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.