Relationship Manager - Global Data Pricing Data Acquisition, Singapore
Posted Jan 14, 2021 - Requisition No. 88210
We are the Content Acquisition & Business Management team (CABM). We form an integral part of the Global Data department and Bloomberg overall, and we’re responsible for acquiring and publishing all the OTC pricing data, Commodity data, Alternative data and Crypto-Currencies which makes Bloomberg so powerful. We build and manage relationships with the many financial institutions, market associations and government agencies who partner with Bloomberg with such data, and we’re always on the lookout for new opportunities to enrich our data content. We manage the governance, costs and quality of the data we acquire, and we collaborate with the wider company to develop our acquisition strategies while ensuring we are aligning with the agendas of our key partners.
We have an exciting opportunity for an astute professional to join the team in our Singapore office. Using your existing knowledge and relationships, we’ll be relying on you to play a pivotal role in growing our relationships with government agencies, regulators, central banks, industry associations, brokers, and key banks whilst acquiring pricing content in Southeast Asia
We'll trust you to:
- Identify & qualify target lists of data contributors
- Negotiate contracts with third party data providers, close commitments for data contribution, and optimise the visibility of this content on our systems
- Build relationships with key commercial and central banks, brokers, market associations, government agencies and regulators
- Uncover opportunities and build strategies to capture the best of these opportunities that are aligned with our key stakeholders and the business.
- Become a true authority in your area of financial data coverage
- Work closely with Terminal Sales, Enterprise Solutions, and other internal business groups to clearly identify our clients’ data requirements
- Position our data offerings, while marketing and delivering new content to our users
You'll need to have:
- At least 5 years of experience in sales, relationship management, and/or market experience in over-the-counter (OTC) and derivative products
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, client-facing skills with Business-level proficiency in English
- Good understanding of the OTC markets ideally for FX, Fixed income or OTC Derivatives
- Strong interest in Market Drivers for Asia especially linked to changes to Market Structure and Regulation
- Comfortable fostering C-Level relationships
- Strong negotiation skills with a consultative approach, and an ability to influence stakeholders
- Tried aptitude for identifying new prospects, and building lasting relationships
We'd love to see:
- An established network within the Southeast Asia pricing data space
- Strong, primary relationships with regulators in Southeast Asia , government agencies and state banks would be an advantage
- Comfort with a high degree of autonomy, and in managing priorities from multiple internal and external partners
- Shown ability to build and execute plans under tight deadlines
- Willingness to travel within the region
- Familiarity with financial data and technical infrastructure
- Ability in Southeast Asian languages (e.g. Bahasa or Thai) would be beneficial
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe that you're a good match, we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.