Senior Web Engineer - Bloomberg.com
New York, NY
Posted Jun 13, 2022 - Requisition No. 88474
Bloomberg Media supplies global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion, and market data distributed on every platform. Our flagship website, Bloomberg.com, serves over 65 million unique visitors a month and consistently ranks among the top 10 most visited news and financial sites on the internet.
Bloomberg Media is looking for a Senior Engineer with experience and/or interest in modern web frontend development. The team is responsible for the majority of pages and the Ads business on Bloomberg.com. You will work with Product, Design, Editorial, and other Engineering teams to expand Bloomberg’s reach across new audience segments, geographies, and industries.
What’s in it for you:
As a Senior Engineer, you’ll work with modern open-source web technologies (NodeJS, ReactJS, NextJS etc.), public cloud infrastructure, CDN, kubernetes, & networking technologies for running the platform. We’ll depend on you to advise on the system design, architecture, and scalability of the applications that play a critical role in serving news to the Bloomberg.com users.
We'll trust you to:
- Collaborate within an Agile, multi-disciplinary, fast-moving team
- Take ownership of technical solutions, development, and delivery to production
- Develop in all levels of a web application stack, from the client to server-side
- Explore and evaluate the value of new and emerging web technologies
You'll need to have:
- A strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals and an understanding of asynchronous design patterns
- Expertise in modern web frontend technologies (e.g. NodeJS, ReactJS, VueJS, HTML, CSS, JS, Typescript)
- Knowledge of browser internals such as rendering engines, parsing and DOM tree construction, layout, painting, and optimizing techniques
- Experience working on high availability, fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Fluency in test-driven development, code reviews, distributed source code management, and automated quality assurance
BA, BS, MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- An interest in understanding user behavior using A/B tests and analytics and how that drives product design and decisions
- Experience with web performance challenges delivering content to a global audience (progressive enhancement, performance budgets, SpeedIndex optimization, CDNs)
- A passion for standardization, style guides and process efficiency, and bias for action
- Experience defining and developing highly available distributed systems
- Contributions to any open source web projects or JS libraries
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.