Workplace Operations Risk & Control Manager
New York, NY
Posted Jan 26, 2021 - Requisition No. 88477
What's the role?
We are seeking a Risk Manager for our global Workplace Operations & Supply Chain (WKOPs) organization. In this role you'll function as a first line of defense (embedded) Risk Lead responsible for interacting regularly with stakeholders across our various departments (e.g. Global Real Estate, Capital Program, Supply Chain, Corporate Technology, Facilities/Infrastructure, and Employee Operations). You'll advise your stakeholders as it relates to risk and controls across multiple risk types (financial, operational, compliance) and drive implementation of a first line risk program that ensures appropriate governance and reporting practices as required by the Company’s Enterprise Risk Framework. You will take a lead role in managing relationships with risk partners in the second and third lines of defense while also contributing to Enterprise risk working groups to shape and influence Enterprise policies and procedures on behalf of WKOPs.
We’ll trust you to:
- Act as advisor to business partners in assessing risk and defining appropriate mitigation strategies through activities such as facilitating risk assessments, process mapping and building/maintaining key control documentation
- Partner with management and continuous improvement scrum teams within WKOPs to support remediation of identified issues and to ensure risk and controls are considered as changes occur in people, process, and technology
- Mature and evolve the WKOPs risk management program, including formalization of issue management practices, design and implementation of formal governance and reporting, and adoption of the Enterprise GRC tool
- Partner with process and owners to identify controls automation opportunities
- Work with Enterprise risk teams across multiple lines of defense to influence and shape Enterprise policies and to collaborate on risk management priorities such as establishing KRIs, tracking risk events, and implementing management reporting metrics to effectively govern and monitor business activities
- Be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment requiring strong relationship management skills, subject matter expertise, strong professional judgment, flexibility and a hands-on approach
- Establish strong relationships with management to educate and raise risk awareness across the organization, with the goal of building a strong risk management culture across Workplace Operations
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6+ years of direct experience in Risk Management and/or Audit within a complex, sophisticated organization
- Experience facilitating and delivering risk assessments across multiple risk types (e.g., operational, financial, strategic, compliance, etc.), including experience building process maps and risk/control matrices from scratch
- Experience adopting and/or using GRC technology (Archer preferred) to maintain processes, risks and controls and to track issues and associated action plans
- Ability to provide credible challenge to management with respect to applicable risks and the sufficiency of control design
- Ability to influence and lead (with and without express authority) internally across departmental teams and more broadly across the Enterprise and the second/third lines of defense
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong planning, organization and problem solving skills
- High emotional intelligence and capable of building and maintaining positive professional relationships
We’d love to see:
- A passion for new technology and ideas to support automation (e.g. machine learning, robotics process automation)
- Audit experience
- Appreciation for working within an agile framework
- Understanding of Supply Chain, Global Business Services or other Workplace Operations support processes
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.