Enterprise Technology Services Representative
Posted Jan 28, 2021 - Requisition No. 88518
Due to significant business growth, our team is expanding! In capital markets, buy-side and sell-side professionals strive to achieve automation across multiple asset classes by building strong and secure connections to Bloomberg. Our Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) team is responsible for ensuring the stability and reliability of virtually all Bloomberg products in addition to custom solutions that have been built for our clients.
Financial firms rely on dozens of critical systems to develop and execute strategies, evaluate risk, monitor P&L, manage sales and trading, and handle settlement. The constant challenge is the complexity of integrating these systems so that data moves correctly across the enterprise, at higher speeds and lower costs. Building solutions in-house can take a large team and a larger investment. Integrators and consultants may not understand a firm’s business model or data. That’s where we come in.
Within Enterprise Technology, we help firms manage that complexity. Providing common tools, services and expertise, we enable firms to simplify technology relationships. This ultimately drives lower total cost of ownership, faster time to market and improved transparency. With our track record in delivering hosted solutions and our understanding of Capital Markets, we believe we are uniquely positioned to help clients with integration challenges.
What's the role?
As an Enterprise Technology Service Representative/Technical Relationship Manager, you will be tasked to service, strengthen and grow our business within the South American region. You will join our global team who is responsible for providing technical application support and integration assistance to our expanding suite of customers. As an ‘on the ground resource’, you will also assist our Pre-Sales team in presentations to prospective clients. You’ll be part of a tight-knit service and relationship management team, supporting a large variety of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) workflows between Bloomberg and Client systems. You will be handling inquiries about our custom integrations which connect via multiple methodologies, including SWIFT, FIX, XML, SFTP, MQ, and Web APIs.
You will be asked to establish and develop trusted partnerships with a subset of clients and provide technical application support and integration assistance to those customers. Ensuring their technical connections and workflows are reliable and stable will be your primary objective.
Additionally, you will help to drive the direction of our products by collaborating closely with Business Managers, Product Managers and Engineers based on client feedback, market research and conditions.
Who You Are:
You come to work with a purpose, passionate about technology and offering our Clients an excellent experience. Someone that is naturally curious, a strong problem solver and someone who is willing to take on new challenges and thrive on change. You love being a great teammate and someone Clients can count on every day. We encourage you to challenge the status quo and support your colleagues to innovate, learn and deliver the best service possible.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide an outstanding Production Support to our client base in the Americas
- Be proactive with the follow through and follow up of issues
- Demonstrate ownership of client reported issues and projects
- Ensure a smooth life cycle experience, when clients move from project implementation to production support
- Analyze and troubleshoot issues related to our Electronic Trading and reporting products suite and examine their root cause and offer a solution in a timely manner, working directly with customers and internal stakeholders across functions
- Partnering with Engineering and Product teams to design and implement future system and Product improvements and prevent system issues
- Work closely with our clients and our internal Product, Trade-desk, and Engineering groups to facilitate expectations, influence and expedite implementation and resolution
- Examine root cause statistics for trends in production issues, partnering with clients to ensure preventative measures are implemented successfully
- Conduct availability and capacity planning by analyzing client flows and trading statistics, help develop metrics for internal consumption and trading system benchmarking
- Tailor your communication according to the client audience for both technical and non-technical users, including objection handling
- Understand and communicate technology roadmaps to clients so there is both transparency and alignment between our organizations
You'll need to have:
- Bilingual (Portuguese and English)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- 4+ years prior experience working in similar electronic trading application support and/or implementation roles
- Some exposure to Fixed Income, FX, and/or Equities trading workflows as well as MiFID and SFTR regulations concerning trade and transaction reporting
- Working knowledge of Message Protocols including: FIX, SFTP, or MQ is highly preferable
- Experience in Linux and/or UNIX operating systems and commands
- Familiarity with networks and connectivity troubleshooting (LAN/WAN, TCP/IP)
- An ability to articulate, write and own technology stack mappings
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, work with a sense of urgency, multi-task, and effectively prioritize work within a dynamic changing environment.
- Demonstrated history of solving complex problems with a keen eye for detail and strong analytical mindset
- Demonstrated track record in communicating with senior level technologists/operations
- Highly proactive and familiar with sales approach and strategy
- Willingness to travel
We'd love to see:
- A Computer Science or Technology related degree
- Exposure to programming / scripting languages
- Working product knowledge of Equity, Futures, Options, Fixed Income and FX market workflows
- Exposure to Broker/Dealers, Exchanges, Hedge Funds and Regulatory Reporting requirements
- Experience with one or more of the following: XML, JSON, SWIFT
- Exposure to scripting languages, such as Perl, Bash, and/or Python
- Experience with SQL or transactional databases (structured and unstructured data sets)
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.