Business Operations Coordinator, Bloomberg New Economy Forum (Contractor)
New York, NY
Posted Feb 2, 2021 - Requisition No. 88607
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg New Economy was established in 2018 to forge a better future for the world by convening leaders from East and West on a neutral platform at the heart of the New Economy, recognizing this is where many of the technologies, ideas and markets that will drive global prosperity are emerging.
We are looking for a 12-month contractor to support the Managing Director of Bloomberg New Economy across every aspect of the business, making sure the Managing Director’s priorities are being executed swiftly, thoroughly, and with quality. This will require resourcefulness, flexibility, efficiency, and a can-do attitude. You will need to move fast, while always being thoughtful and professional. If you get a buzz out of delivering a strategic service to your business leaders, this role is for you!
We’ll trust you to:
- Work directly with the Managing Director, leadership team, and other key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Develop high level executive communications for internal and external clients
- Build key presentations and briefings
- Draft messaging, communications, talking points and presentations for key meetings and other business needs
- Structure thoughtful and efficient agendas for team meetings
- Prepare the Managing Director for critical meetings and act as a proxy where needed
- Oversee implementation of team initiatives; operationalize management discussions into action items, including articulating project timelines, delegating accountability and follow up
- Investigate/resolve ad hoc issues that impact the team and process gaps/roadblocks
- Work with Managing Director to provide regular and transparent updates to team and organization; communicating clear goals and deliverables for the global team; ensuring excellence and best course
- Excellence in all areas of project management, problem solving, recommendation, and consensus building
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree
- A background in media or at a media organization
- Stellar verbal and written communication skills and maturity around senior leaders
- Highly analytical problem solver who finds structure, logic, and insight with limited supervision
- Entrepreneurial mentality, bold in thinking and strategic in action
- Highly productive with the ability to make significant progress
- High-energy and hard-working, with a positive attitude
We'd love to see:
- Master’s degree from a top-tier educational institution
- Professional experience with a top-tier business and/or government organizations
- Experience and knowledge of corporate events
- C-Suite experience
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.