Project Manager - Network Infrastructure & Reporting - Tokyo
Posted Feb 10, 2021 - Requisition No. 88750
The Network Team is responsible for supporting Bloomberg’s global network infrastructure in one of the largest private networks in the world. The team ensures our customers have 24/7 access to the network in order for them to run their business optimally. You will provide effective process management and reporting as a crucial part of maintaining and safeguarding the Bloomberg network across all aspects of the company infrastructure including financial products, news media, data centers, internal IT.
What’s The Role?
Bloomberg has an exciting opportunity within the Global Network departments COO office to support, maintain and develop our global network and telecommunications services. We are looking for a Project Manager to support the Network Operations team based in Tokyo. You will support a tight-knit group of engineers who are not just passionate about technology, but keen to pursue complex problems, from analyzing packets to troubleshooting networks.
You will also partner with a hardworking, approachable team with a diverse set of backgrounds to collaborate with colleagues around the world. You will be a critical point of contact between Network Operations and various internal partners to improve the quality of our technical and telecommunication services provided to our customers.
You will have oversight of project performance, reporting, budgeting and commercial engagements, and process management to ensure consistency in applying best practices across the department.
We'll Trust You To:
- Engage, coordinate all communication for all stakeholders across the enterprise
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Write and submit reports to department heads in all matters of importance
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Ensure assigned projects meet overall performance
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
You’ll Need To Have:
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Sound working knowledge and experience with data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Demonstrable proficiency in strategic planning and business development
- Understanding of networking and telecommunications
We’d Love To See:
- Knowledge of PMBOK and standard project management methodologies
- Knowledge of ITIL and CDCMP standard methodologies
- Agile methodology knowledge (e.g. Kanban or Scrum)
- IP and network infrastructure exposure
- Familiarity with the telecommunication industry
- Understanding of financial markets and underlying technologies in data
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.