Data Analyst - Fundamentals Taxonomy
Posted Feb 10, 2021 - Requisition No. 88766
Bloomberg runs on data, and data drives the market. Our Global Data team acquires and supplies this data to our clients. Teams work collaboratively to collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - that ultimately feeds and moves global financial markets.
As a Bloomberg Data Analyst, your focus will be on fundamental data taxonomy and you will play a critical role in extracting and rationalising company financial metadata into Bloomberg taxonomies. A key objective will be supporting taxonomy policy implementation and delivering on key business as a data steward within the broader fundamentals team.
In your role you will be responsible for governance of critical data elements and their associated meta-data, as well as setting, maintaining and optimising the operational procedures governing this metadata. This input will include standards, guidelines and policies for critical data elements as well as the responsibility for supporting the global taxonomy team on key initiatives and identifying trends in financial reporting globally.
You will be expected to identify, implement and socialise improvements in operational procedures and workflows globally, using your subject matter expertise to support the team.
As a data steward within the taxonomy team, we will look to you to provide support for internal and external clients as well as to collaborate with multiple business partners, making the role diverse and providing an opportunity for continuous learning.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop, maintain and support meta-data management policies and procedures such as field relationships, and apply these policies retrospectively within the Bloomberg taxonomy environment;
- Extract and rationalise data to Bloomberg taxonomies in accordance with established methodologies;
- Maintain and enhance existing elements of the Bloomberg Taxonomy including hierarchies, field relationships, formulas and grids, operational workflows and enhance formulaic approaches;
- Codify market conventions and/or data relationships into business rules for data validation;
- Support key global business initiatives through the development of new fields, from testing to production, and promote new taxonomy functionality, and to optimise processes and/or improve the quality and discoverability of the taxonomy;
- Perform incident management, from troubleshooting and root cause analysis to overall problem management;
- Identify trends in financial reporting globally, taxonomy developments and digitisation of data;
- Collaborate with multiple internal partners (business, engineering, sales, tech-ops) and project owners to establish consensus on best practices; and
- Utilise subject-matter-expertise to set and maintain methodologies and identify process and product improvements
- Train new hires and offer input and expertise into training materials
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree, preferably in Accounting and/or Mathematics/Statistics and/or Computer Science; or relevant experience;
- Familiarity with Agile project management methodologies and with data processing paradigms;
- Solid understanding of Python;
- Knowledge of financial markets and familiar with international financial reporting standards;
- An aptitude for data modelling and systems thinking;
- High attention to detail and strong evidence of decision-making and problem solving skills:
- Ability to remain calm under pressure in a frequently changing environment
We’d love to see:
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service;
- 3 -5 years professional experience in similar taxonomy/data steward capacity;
- Foreign Language Skills
- Familiarity with project management methodologies, for example Agile, and with data processing paradigms;
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org