Senior Software Engineer - Trade Automation & Execution
New York, NY
Posted Jul 28, 2021 - Requisition No. 88793
Every day, the biggest players in the financial industry depend on Bloomberg applications to manage their portfolios, execute their trades and analyze the markets. As engineers, we’re building the applications our clients rely on to not just stay informed, but stay ahead of the market. The applications and infrastructure we build embody the speed, agility and financial data that make Bloomberg the go-to solution for financial professionals across the globe.
To make sure we satisfy our clients’ need for speed as well as stability, we have very high standards for reliability and scalability.
Who are we?
The Trade Automation & Execution group owns a suite of applications and services that enables market leading real time distributed trading for Equities, Fixed Income, Currency, Options and Futures markets. We integrate advanced analytics and order life cycle management with automation, algorithmic order execution and electronic connectivity to global markets.
What’s in it for you:
- Become a full-stack guru as you build mission critical trading applications and come up with creative solutions to tough engineering problems.
- You’ll get to learn and have a chance to work with multiple industry-leading technologies, including, but not limited to, messaging systems distributed caching and synchronization technologies with a goal of being able to process millions of transactions, daily.
- You will contribute to and eventually drive our market transparency mission forward.
- While engaged in this important mission, we also like to give back to our community and have fun as well. Bloomberg has a significant philanthropic presence, and we regularly represent our organization at multiple local causes.
What you’ll need to have:
- A robust knowledge of data structures and algorithms along with experience in one or more general purpose programming languages.
- A strong sense of ownership and the ability to collaborate with multiple teams and stakeholders to drive projects and initiatives.
- 2+ years of professional software development experience
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
What we’d love to see?
- Experience with scalable and high availability distributed systems.
- Experience developing workflow driven applications.
- Experience with concurrent programming.
- An interest in financial markets.
- Familiarity with a scripting language such as bash, and developer tools such as Git, Googletest, Jenkins, and Splunk.
If you're excited by these challenges, have a passion for technology and a “outside the box” approach to problem solving, we want to talk to you! Submit an application.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.