Senior Full Stack Software Engineer - DataHub
New York, NY
Posted Apr 6, 2021 - Requisition No. 88806
The DataHub Engineering team provides a distributed platform for hosting datasets, complete with managed data stores, search, discovery, batch analytics and real-time stream processing capabilities. Our goals: ensure high quality content, which is indispensable to financial markets, is cataloged, standardized, discoverable, distributed and accessible in one place.
Who are you:
The ideal candidate is an innovative problem solver who enjoys working in multiple roles and thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. You are curious, kind, continually learning, and happy to share what you learn. You enjoy pursuing complex issues to their root cause. You are a full stack engineer and love building infrastructure for other engineers.
What's in it for you:
You will be part of the core team that owns the company-wide dataset schema registry. You will be a catalyst in building and managing Bloomberg Query Language (BQL) Metadata tooling for all datasets. You would be instrumental in enhancing the experience for all users for rapid BQL enablement of data at Bloomberg. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to DataHub infrastructure, freedom to work with and contribute to open source software used on platforms like PySpark Notebooks, Kubernetes, Spark, Apache Airflow, frameworks like React, Vue.
DataHub is a platform for all application groups at Bloomberg, offering you additional opportunities to interact with many engineers throughout the company!
You'll need to have:
- 4+ years of professional experience building reliable high-performance web applications
- Experience with frontend Web UI development
- Understanding of data modeling and databases like MySQL
- Experience in software instrumentation for monitoring and observability
- BA, BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- The ability to take ownership, uphold quality, as well as empathy for our users and team
- Any of your contributions to the open-source community
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.