Senior Market Strategist
Posted Mar 2, 2021 - Requisition No. 89255
Bloomberg runs on data. In our Global Data business, we're responsible for supplying it. The Content Acquisition & Business Management (CABM) department is responsible for managing, acquiring and integrating content and data from Exchanges, Brokers, Sell-side and other types of providers to drive the value of the Bloomberg Terminal and downstream products!
What's the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Senior Market Strategist! You are an experienced market professional who has an extensive network of contacts across the financial community. We are dedicated to building C-suite relationships with the pillars of the financial community, namely exchanges, clearing houses and regulators. In addition, we are responsible for building relationships, both internally and externally, to seek out and devise solutions to meet clients’ needs. This requires a comprehensive understanding of all asset classes, to discover new opportunities for Bloomberg’s wide range of products. Lastly, Senior Market Strategists collaborate with global counterparts and Exchange Business Managers to inform Bloomberg’s overall business strategy that drives commercial results, as well as technical and operational excellence.
We'll trust you to:
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with Exchanges, Regulators and Market Structure teams within the investment arena
- Drive product strategy and development while ensuring the delivery of data, technology and governance for clients
- Drive overall business strategy as it relates to local market structure including regulatory, technological and competitive trends
- Build trusted and collaborative relationships with key partners across Bloomberg including but not limited to Enterprise, Product and Trading systems
- Use broad industry knowledge and network to act as an escalation point and face off to key stakeholders and C-Suite at the Exchanges
- Understand the full Bloomberg enterprise, as well as front to back office client landscape, and use this knowledge to build scalable solutions
- Have a deep understanding of financial market structure and competitive landscape to help drive strategic vision
You'll need to have:
- Extensive knowledge of Financial Markets Structure across all asset classes
- 10+ years of experience* in client and market facing roles in the trading and market data industry
- Solid understanding of market macro and micro structure and relevant regulations affecting capital markets
- Knowledge of the asset class workflows across market participants and trading platforms
- Experience dealing with senior executives across Exchanges and regulatory agencies
- Deep expertise in financial data and in the associated technology which is crafting the future of our business
- Excellent understanding of the commercial landscape in which Bloomberg operates, along with extensive knowledge of financial products and the ways in which our clients consume data
- A proven ability to establish strong credibility and build influential relationships with multiple internal and external clients and stakeholders
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.