India Economist - Mumbai
Posted Mar 3, 2021 - Requisition No. 89276
With more than 100 economics reporters and 25 economists worldwide, Bloomberg has an unrivaled capacity to explain where the global economy is now and where it might be heading.
Bloomberg Economics offers a comprehensive macroeconomic research service for Bloomberg Terminal subscribers. That includes rigorous, original thematic research, supporting detailed economic forecasts. The economists also produce previews of major data releases or economic events and analysis as the key numbers break. The goal is to offer Bloomberg clients a deeper insight into the themes that drive policy, financial markets and capital flows.
We are seeking an economist to join Bloomberg's global team of economists, to support coverage of key trends in India and frontier economies in South Asia.
We will trust you to:
- Produce insightful thematic research, economic forecasts and speedy analysis of major data releases and central bank meetings
- Produce and maintain forecasts and primers on frontier economies in the region, particularly Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.
- Collaborate on projects with the broader Bloomberg Economics group – contributing quotes to news stories and from time to time working on joint projects with economics reporters.
- Over time, appear at conferences, on television and in print media, as well as meeting with clients.
You'll need to have:
- Relevant experience in economic and financial analysis, monetary and fiscal policies and the bigger structural challenges.
- Good knowledge of econometric time-series modelling techniques and hands-on experience using E-views, Matlab or any other econometric software.
- Proven ability to handle large data sets using Excel, or any other statistical package, to crunch and display data, including the ability to build sophisticated charts
- The energy and initiative needed to provide a consistent flow of high-quality analysis, setting aside ideological or political points of view
- The ability to write clearly and concisely in English and to generate content across a variety of formats, ranging from rapid turnaround responses to economic events to longer-term collaborative research into major global economic trends
- At least a masters-level degree in economics or financial economics or equivalent experience
- Applications from those with policy experience and strong econometric skills are encouraged
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com