Bloomberg Intelligence - ETF Analyst
Posted Mar 12, 2021 - Requisition No. 89499
Companies are the backbone of the stock and bond markets. Bloomberg Intelligence ("BI") conducts in-depth research on large and midsize companies to help stock and bond investors effectively evaluate those companies. We analyze the unique attributes of each business, how it competes against other companies in its industry and how the business strategies and successes translate into financial results. Our analysts also research the technology, regulation, litigation and economies that will shape the environment for these companies and the related industry impact.
BI research is a combination of written analysis accompanied by interactive charting and analytics created from company reported data as well as industry and government data. Analysts review, check and curate this data into comprehensive and logically arranged dashboards to support their own research and to provide Bloomberg Terminal users a platform to view and analyze the data as well.
What's in it for you:
BI is looking for a motivated individual with experience covering exchange traded funds who will step into an Analyst role covering ETFs and ETF issuers. This includes performing portfolio attribution analysis on a variety ETFs and ETF asset classes, sectors, and regions. The candidate will contribute to written reports and analysis of the funds and the industry as a whole. There are opportunities for the candidate to travel including attending conferences and training customers. Qualified candidates will be expected to build relationships with some of the largest ETF issuers in London in an effort to ensure we have the most timely and accurate data. There are additional opportunities for the analyst to work with sales, app specs, news, and other internal data teams.
We'll trust you to:
- Manage significant data analysis responsibilities as part of your day-to-day activities
- Actively contribute to the team's daily research activities (i.e. data, written research, idea generation)
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal departments throughout Bloomberg as well as external company, industry and data professionals
- Work with other data and core business groups to help develop and enhance content and functionality across the terminal
- Interact with clients via Bloomberg's online messaging systems
You need to have:
- Graduated with a Bachelor's degree, preferably with a concentration in Finance
- Financial market research experience is essential to have success in this role
- Excellent communication skills: writing and presentation
- High level proficiency with Microsoft Excel or equivalent
- Understanding of advanced concepts, practices and procedures of finance/accounting
- Solid experience interpreting financial statements and performing quantitative financial analysis
- Strong organization skills and capable of handling multiple projects
We'd love to see:
- A Master's degree in Business, Finance or Accounting discipline and/or CFA designation
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal. Let us know what your favorite functions are!
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional/bloomberg-intelligence/.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org