Social and Audience Development Editor (Contractor)
New York, NY
Posted Mar 15, 2021 - Requisition No. 89529
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy.
We are seeking a 12-month Social and Audience Development Editor Contractor to manage content distribution and strategy across social media platforms. You will work with reporters and editors to frame and optimize text and video content for social platforms, and package content for distribution on Bloomberg social accounts. We're looking for a strong writer with an eye for great visuals. This person should also have great news judgement as well as an interest in climate and environmental news.
We’ll trust you to:
- Distribute Bloomberg content (video, stories, etc) on social platforms with an eye toward expanding reach, increasing engagement and driving up referral traffic
- Cover breaking news daily
- Own story packaging for specific content verticals across platforms
- Monitor, analyze and distribute social metrics to wider teams as needed
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience as an editor or social media editor, preferably in a digital editorial environment
- Strong editorial judgment
- Proficiency in social analytics and publishing tools
- A demonstrated track record of driving audience growth and social referral traffic
We’d love to see:
- A background in business, financial, or climate news
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.