2021 Enterprise Data Accelerated Talent Entry Program
New York, NY
Posted Mar 17, 2021 - Requisition No. 89595
We’re Bloomberg Enterprise Data - fast paced, innovative and expanding. We have worked hard and smart to become the successful business we are today. We partner closely with our clients, taking time to understand their unique businesses and individual data and technology needs. Our endless selection of datasets, covering all asset types, with multiple delivery technologies and flexible scheduling mean our clients are able to get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer. Without us, they simply can’t operate.
What’s the Role?
You’ll launch your career in the Enterprise Data Accelerated Talent Entry Program. You will be on-boarded as a full time employee and participate in a comprehensive 15 month Enterprise Data organization rotation program. This is an exciting program for those seeking an opportunity to work with data and gain full data product development experience. You will receive an introduction to Bloomberg products, services, clients and insight into the Enterprise Data business.
As you rotate through this program you will work closely with the core functional areas of the business. You will receive on the job training to put you on a path to demonstrate your technical acuity and intellectual curiosity.
You will have the opportunity to develop a broad business knowledge base, gain insights and skills, including your technical and leadership skills through specific training, mentoring and professional development activities. As your experience in Enterprise Data grows, you'll have a greater influence on the continuous improvement of our processes and technologies.
At the end of the rotation, you will be placed in a position within Enterprise Data based on your strengths, interests and the company’s needs.
We will trust you to:
- Participate in time-sensitive projects and collaborate with your colleagues to drive value to the Enterprise Data business
- Understand complex situations by paying attention to detail, assessing the tasks at hand and breaking them down to smaller pieces to handle them appropriately
- Gain a deep understanding of Enterprise Data Products, their customers and the marketplace
You'll need to have:
- Have an interest in data products and want to learn about data and what it takes to build data products
- Introductory experience with software development .NET, Java, C++ and Python
- Introductory programming in UNIX and/or Windows and writing readable code
- Strong technical communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical concepts across all skill levels
- Possess a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Data Science or related field
- Are legally authorized to work full-time in United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Are available to start with Bloomberg in September 2021
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.