Software Asset Manager
New York, NY
Posted Mar 19, 2021 - Requisition No. 89656
Corporate Technology is responsible for designing, deploying, and supporting internal IT systems. This encompasses all hardware, software and enterprise applications on the corporate network used by nearly 21,000 employees in more than 170 state of the art offices around the world. We focus on enterprise solutions, productivity tools, and IT systems integration enabling all of the firm's businesses to be more agile.
We are seeking a Software Asset Manager (SAM) who will be responsible for daily strategic management and control of the departments software portfolio. You will use various data sources showing license entitlements, installations, usage, renewal and procurement status to develop standardized SAM processes. You will work closely with domain experts, including system architects, system administrators, project and program managers, financial managers, and engineers to acquire critical information necessary for the management of software. We operate within an Agile/SCRUM framework to build, maintain, and continuously improve compliance and governance in accordance with internal policies and vendor contracts.
You will need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or Technology.
- Comprehensive understanding how to identify and mitigate contractual risks related to licensing metrics and entitlements.
- Experience handling vendor relationships to maximize value creation and costs for software licensing, maintenance, and service offerings.
- Knowledge of SAM tools, technologies, principles and practices.
- Experience analyzing information for budgeting, software compliance, and cost comparisons.
- Experience automating and streamlining operational processes and procedures.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Enterprise Agreement True Ups, SPLA reporting, and administering Microsoft VLSC portal.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving skills, including the ability to accumulate, organize, and assimilate large amounts of information.
- -Strong multi-functional team leadership skills.
We would love to see:
Motivated and thoughtful individual who can create and deliver software licensing presentations to stakeholders.
- Self-starter who can independently work and collaborate across teams
- Someone who can analyze complex situations to make informed decisions
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.