2021 Strategy Research Data Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Mar 19, 2021 - Requisition No. 89669
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real-time financial information available on the Bloomberg Terminal. We provide portfolio managers with information on companies’ financial performance to assist in profitability analysis, and to determine the risk and return of their investment. Buy-side and sell-side equity analysts use our data to create valuation models in order to provide stock recommendations, target prices, and to assess the viability of investing in a company.
What’s the role?
As a Strategy Research Data Analyst you will be responsible for ensuring the consistency, quality and timely delivery of company financial data and key performance indicators for benchmark indices that are comprised of companies and credits. You will work closely with experienced research analysts on the Bloomberg Intelligence (BI) team to learn the ins and outs of conducting investment research while ensuring that Bloomberg offers the best in class index, company and/or credit specific data coverage in the market. This team provides Bloomberg users with the data and insights necessary to make market assessments. The analysis will be based on Bloomberg's data sets, financial models as well as issuer calls and announcements. Collaboration with strategy, industry, credit, government and litigation teams is a key element of this role. We are looking for individuals that are passionate about macro driven data and research and pursuing opportunities to cover Equity Strategy, Fixed Income Strategy and/or FX/Interest Rate Strategy.
You can expect to:
- Attain in-depth knowledge from company, industry, and credit perspectives
- Leverage advanced data analysis activities to effectively manage high quality coverage for portfolio of companies, credit and benchmark indices
- Create and maintain financial models leveraging Bloomberg proprietary applications
- Facilitate communication across teams and products to assure data alignment
- Support the activities of data, research and content for given a sector or market
- Manage specific data projects to ensure that deliverables are met, including identifying projects, delegating responsibilities to peers, and communicating to related stakeholders
- Identify current gaps and working with stakeholders to onboard new data sets
- Contribute to BI research content, including charting and visual support
- Provide support to internal and external clients and stakeholders on BI functionality and data content within dashboard construction and maintenance
- Identify innovative workflow efficiencies and propose improvements to enhance financial and industry data quality and timeliness
At a minimum, we require that you:
- Earned a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or relevant discipline from a four year college or university prior to starting
- Can begin working full-time in 2021
- Are legally authorized to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
You also need to have:
- Demonstrated project, work experience, or coursework that shows your interest and knowledge in the financial markets
- Knowledge of accounting principles, interpreting financial statements, and exposure to quantitative financial analysis
- Research experience in either equity strategy, credit strategy or economics, with genuine interest in developing career in macro research is essential to succeed in this role
- Strong familiarity with indices and econometric data sets
- Intermediate or advanced proficiency in Excel, Python a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- The ability to thrive and deliver in a dynamic environment
- An ability to meet deadlines, logically tackle problems and set priorities
- Demonstrated interest or experience using one or more programming language
We’d love to see:
- Experience conducting research and relaying findings in succinct, concise manner with ability to identify key industry performance indicators, players and trendsetters
- Experience transforming workflows into more timely and efficient processes
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.