Editor, Americas Hub
New York, NY
Posted Mar 23, 2021 - Requisition No. 89716
We are looking for an experienced editor to join the Americas Editing Hub in New York.
The right candidate will have outstanding editing and writing skills, and a knack for finding and telling the biggest stories of the day, from news analysis to long-form enterprise. You will deliver compelling features that will appear on the Bloomberg terminal and Bloomberg.com, as well as in Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets magazines.
This will require collaboration with teams across the newsroom to develop stories as well as lines of reporting, and guidance in executing our most ambitious work. Ideally, you should have at least ten years of experience as an editor; a digital background is a plus. You'll also need a deep understanding of trends and coverage areas across a range of topics in global business. This editor will work closely with the News Desk to help publish the most meaningful stories at any given moment across multiple beats.
We'll trust you to:
- Help build a pipeline of deeply readable feature stories and projects across a broad range of topics
- Cultivate and maintain collaborations across various platforms, including TV, video, and social
- Guide and support reporters and editors, both in developing story ideas and improving their sourcing, interviewing, framing and writing
- React quickly to unexpected stories and help break news
- 10+ years of journalism experience
- The ability to work steadily and calmly under pressure
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- A collaborative spirit and excellent communication skills
- Exceptional news judgment
You'll need to have:
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/about
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.