New York, NY
Posted Mar 31, 2021 - Requisition No. 89899
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy.
Bloomberg News is looking for a Production Associate to work on our print and digital publications. In this role you will assist in the daily operations and trafficking for all of our titles and work closely with the editorial, art, and production teams. You will also be responsible for improving and supporting our publishing and planning tools.
We'll trust you to:
- Maintain detailed working knowledge of print magazine processes and applications/systems in order to provide technical and operational assistance to the magazine staff
- Prepare and deliver press ready files for all publications to printer
- Coordinate between technology, support, and editorial teams on workflows and technology solutions
- Troubleshoot daily operational issues
- Perform support duties for production team, managing editor and cross platform teams
- Drive projects to completion and always look for new ways that processes and tools can be improved
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years or equivalent experience in a print production environment
- Strong and effective communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management abilities
- Ability to see multiple perspectives
- Proficient in both PC and Mac environments
- Creative problem solving skills with attention to details
- Knowledge of K4, Adobe Creative Suite, InCopy, InDesign, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent understanding of server/ client applications
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.