Senior Marketing Manager - Based in Shanghai
Posted Apr 1, 2021 - Requisition No. 89923
The Bloomberg Central Marketing team is an industry leading and award winning in-house Marketing department at one of the most influential financial services and technology brands in the world. Our mission is to leverage our wealth of data to understand the markets and our target audiences and then deliver impactful creative and results focused programs that support the growth of our brand and align to the strategic priorities of the businesses.
With teams spread across every major Bloomberg office around the world, we have the breadth of resources and market knowledge to take on any objective as well as the Marketing expertise to intelligently address any challenge with a multi-channel, results oriented approach.
The Asia Pacific Financial Product Marketing team is looking for a highly motivated and experienced B2B Marketing Manager for China. Based in Shanghai, the Marketing Manager for China will define, develop and execute marketing plans that support our business objectives and help lead all branding and marketing support initiatives in the region. That includes but is not limited to building awareness of our brand and the solutions we offer for the Financial Services industry, generating and nurturing leads for priority acquisition and expansion sales targets, and deepening existing client relationships to drive stronger brand loyalty and retention.
As a member of the China marketing team, this individual will work with business partners and internal marketing stakeholders, including our in-house creative agency and events teams to build strategic and effective programs and manage execution to the highest standards.
They will also partner closely with our internal communications and government relations teams in China to ensure that our external marketing and communications efforts are aligned and in tune with the priorities for the company.
We’ll trust you to:
- Collaborate to identify China business priorities (with local Sales and/or Product teams) and create results driven, multi-channel Marketing plans that support those priorities
- Manage the full Marketing cycle from strategic planning to execution leveraging all of our internal & external agencies and functional partners
- Be responsible for a number of marketing programs to support regional business objectives that build awareness, generate leads and nurture existing client relationships
- Be detail-oriented, self-organized, and proactive in coordinating and leading marketing activities from every angle to achieve maximum results for the region
- Become an advocate for the Bloomberg brand and ensure that all marketing activities are aligned and support the overall brand
- Ensure integration between all planned marketing activities, whether by an audience or product as well as alignment with the broader marketing team globally covering the same audiences in different regions
- Think strategically and execute tactically
- Adapt, learn quickly and be resourceful
- Be innovative and creative to bring new ideas to the team
- Drive effective communication between local and global team to achieve impact to business
You need to have:
- 6+ years of experience in an integrated marketing role
- An understanding of the financial services markets in China
- Successful track record in B2B marketing. Preferably in financial services
- The ability to successfully partner with sales, product managers and internal marketing teams
- A combination of virtual and cross-organizational leadership, attention to details, and ability to drive execution across diversified teams
- Experience in executing and tracking integrated marketing programs that involve live/virtual events, website, content and social media marketing within the China environment
- Experience in working in a global marketing group and leading and coordinating the local function teams
- Entrepreneurial mind-set and an ability to adapt and learn a new market
- Fluency in English and Native Mandarin both read, write and spoken is a must
- Flexibility to travel sporadically
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.