Digital Trafficker/Programmatic Platform Manager
New York, NY
Posted Apr 6, 2021 - Requisition No. 90009
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy.
The Bloomberg Digital Trafficker/Programmatic Platform Manager will take on a hybrid role within our fast moving advertising operations organization. The digital trafficking role will simultaneously contribute to end-to-end execution of global programmatic operations.
As part of the overall Global Advertising Operations team, you will have the opportunity to own key aspects of digital campaigns including activation, yield management, reporting, revenue growth, and strategic planning and input. A qualified candidate will have the opportunity to use their unique blend of technical aptitude, analytical mindset, organizational skills and creative problem solving to bring media solutions to life and ensure client success.
In their day to day role, this individual works across mobile/desktop web, mobile applications, video and connected devices to traffic creative, troubleshoot problems, optimize campaign delivery and report results for client advertising on Bloomberg’s digital owned & operated and off-platform properties.
As a programmatic subject matter expert in support of Bloomberg Media, you will provide insights on product offerings, deal structure and general programmatic education. You will have a deep understanding and expertise on programmatic products, platform capabilities and limitations. You will use that knowledge base in combination with industry trends and data analysis to increase programmatic revenue and support Bloomberg's programmatic strategy and vision.
The Digital Trafficker/Programmatic Platform Manager will engage cross functional teams including sales, planning & campaign management, ad technology, ad product, pricing & inventory, and finance to launch new ad experiences, build creative for clients and project manage high impact units.
This is an amazing opportunity for an entrepreneurial person with an eye for growth to own operations and use the power of data to drive revenue generating recommendations, tactics and strategies across direct and programmatic lines of business.
We will trust you to:
- Traffic and maintain display and video ad campaigns on Bloomberg's digital multi-media owned & operated platforms and off-platform, ensuring deal terms are met including delivery rates, start and end date, reporting requirements, viewability expectations, etc.
- Analyze programmatic data to provide insights and optimizations across all platforms, products, ad types and buyers
- Provide best-in-class customer service for internal partners and external clients/agencies
- Collaborate with sales, ad product, ad technology and planning teams to understand client KPIs and how we can leverage Bloomberg assets to drive success
- Attend client meetings with the sales team as a key resource for digital trafficking, programmatic and technical capabilities
- Lead workflow and communication with cross-functional partners internally and externally to ensure deadlines are met and campaigns have successful outcomes, including for custom ad experiences
- Act as the primary liaison for our sales team and buyers when deal requests are submitted via SSPs, DSPs, ATDs, for all programmatic deal types
- Independently manage pre-sale PG/PMP deal set up, mid-campaign optimizations and post sales opportunity reports, providing feedback to our sales team and buyers
- Interface with partners and buyers to resolve issues related to PG/PMP deals, with the ability to determine the root cause of the issue and recommend actionable next steps
- Optimize performance, price points and technical set up to drive yield across campaigns to ensure full delivery and maximize creative engagement
- Work consultatively with sales, clients and agencies to foster understanding and adoption of industry specifications
- QA campaign creative for spec compliance and proper functionality
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor of Arts degree
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in digital trafficking and programmatic operations, preferably on the buy-side
- Expertise in open exchange RTB environments, programmatic guaranteed, preferred deals, private auctions, networks and other demand partners
- Solid experience with DSPs and/or publisher side ad technology platforms (Google AdX, header bidding, mobile app and video SSPs)
- Experience working in Google Ad Manager as well as with third party ad servers (DV360, Sizmek, Flashtalking, Celtra, etc) and ad-verification vendors (Integral Ad Science, DoubleVerify, MOAT, etc)
- A thorough understanding of advertising performance metrics
- Articulate and comfortable speaking with diverse audiences, including sales and clients, demonstrating the ability to translate technical subject matter into relatable business terminology and respond to unexpected questions on the spot
- Entrepreneurial mindset and strong negotiation skills to proactively scale revenue opportunities
- Attention to detail and ownership of tasks, ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a global organization
- Natural ability to problem solve, with superior time management skills to ensure we are effectively managing requests and deadlines both internally and externally
Does this sound like you?
Apply via our careers website! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.