Video Producer (Contractor)
New York, NY
Posted Apr 8, 2021 - Requisition No. 90067
The energy of newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Quicktake to New Economy.
Bloomberg Media Studios, which sits at the heart of Bloomberg Media, is seeking a highly-motivated 6-month Video Producer to excel as a leader on our team.
This person will have a strong background in motion graphics, animation and video/post production. The Video Producer is responsible for ensuring quality assurance and that the creative team meets scheduled goals. This entails a range of oversight of work including planning, scheduling, managing and executing production activities for maximum performance of projects.
We'll trust you to:
- Assist Executive Producer and Head of Video in managing production with vendors and creative teams to meet scheduled goals
- Bring creative vision to life through the use of video best practices and new tenets of video storytelling, from social first, long-form and commercial landscape
- Autonomously lead video production from pre-pro, production and post, from kickoff to completion, often balancing multiple projects at once
- Ensure post-production schedules are up to date; coordinate with creative and vendor to hold corresponding dates
- Communicate proactively and regularly with cross-discipline groups from creative, client services and editorial (if applicable) around status, budget, and timelines
- Thrive in a fast paced, collaborative environment across multiple teams, fulfilling last-minute requests and quick turnarounds, while prioritizing ongoing assignments
- Introduce fresh, diverse skills and talent of our freelancers and vendors throughout the video production process
- Develop cost-effective measurements to achieve exceptional business practices
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years, creative or content/publisher/agency/post-production house experience
- Proficient at Microsoft Office, Google Calendar. SmartSheets is a plus
- A strong understanding of design and motion graphics executions and the needs of production/post production professionals, including the latest software
- New thinking and fresh ideas with an eye toward elevating creative work through our video offering
- Stellar presentation and time management skills
- Broad knowledge of social media and digital communications
- Please submit a link to your website/portfolio when applying
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.