Client Services, Application Support
New York, NY
Posted Jul 27, 2022 - Requisition No. 90280
Who You Are:
You come to work with a purpose, passionate about offering excellent service and empowered by a collaborative spirit. Someone that is naturally curious, a strong problem solver and doesn't shy away from challenges or change. You love being a great teammate and are someone clients can count on every day. We encourage you to challenge the status quo and support your colleagues to innovate, learn and deliver the best service possible.
What’s The Role?
As a member of the Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) group, you’re vital in maintaining technological stability and mitigating financial risk for our clients across their Bloomberg solutions and products, with a concentration on electronic trading.
This individual will be a trusted authority for troubleshooting, resolving and owning issues impacting the businesses we support and our clients directly. You will be responsible for handling service tickets through to proactive engagements with existing clients.
As part of a client facing team, the production support specialist will be trusted with the management of a variety of technologies and data specifications between Bloomberg and external systems such as FIX, MQ, XML, SWIFT and Bloomberg APIs.
We'll Trust You To:
- Analyze and troubleshoot issues related to our Electronic Trading and reporting products suite, examine their root cause, and offer a solution in a timely manner, working directly with customers and internal partners across functions
- Provide production support for existing clients.
- Partnering with Engineering and Product teams to design and implement future systems, product improvements, and prevent system issues
- Collaborate with internal partners such as the Internal Service Teams, Sales and Product team to provide client feedback
- Examine root cause statistics for trends in production issues and partner with clients to ensure preventative measures are implemented successfully
- Tailor your communication according to the client audience for both technical and non-technical users, including objection handling
- Understand and communicate technology roadmaps to clients so there is both transparency and alignment between our organizations
You'll Need to Have:
- 2+ years prior experience working in similar technical support and/or implementation roles within financial services.
- Demonstrated history of solving complex technical problems with a keen eye for detail and strong analytical mindset
- Ability to learn new technologies on the job and absorb new information quickly
- Proven track record in communicating with senior level technologists/operations
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux and protocols such as FIX or MQ is a plus.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are. Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.