Digital Managing Editor - Singapore
Posted Apr 27, 2021 - Requisition No. 90414
Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
We are looking for a Digital Managing editor to run its Asia news operations across multiple digital platforms. You should be an idea engine who can help build the framework for major news and enterprise coverage while also liaising with the business side to help drive strategy and commercial success. You should demonstrate strong news judgement and be able to make quick decisions in a real-time news environment whilst possessing practised knowledge of financial markets and company news, economics and politics. Experience with mobile platforms, digital video and social editorial distribution is also required.
As our Digital Managing Editor, we’ll trust you to:
- Own the content direction and distribution strategy of our Asia digital properties, including:
- Working with the newsroom to generate ideas and collaborate on coverage areas that can be featured and curated for a digital audience
- Helping drive digital video growth and revenue in the Asia Pacific specifically, while coordinating with our global digital video team in the U.S.
- Running our social media presence for our flagship and regional accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and messaging apps (LINE, What’s App) in coordination with the Bloomberg Digital audience development team in New York and Commercial Partnerships team in Hong Kong
- Overseeing the site’s digital production, including homepage and app curation, breaking news alerts across platforms and regional newsletter strategy
- Analyzing and sharing analytics across our digital properties
- Liaise with the business side to help drive strategy and commercial success, including:
- Partnering with the Asia Head of Sales to help better monetize our digital assets in APAC
- Helping inform and push our global strategy, working closely with the team based in New York
- Coordinating with the U.S.-based edit and product teams to drive specific needs for the region with regards to the CMS, analytics and front-end ideas to more “regionalize” our platform
- Being part of the product decision-making that impacts our products’ growth in the region
We'll need you to have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- A deep understanding of the tools, trends, platforms and processes behind the most modern strategies for telling stories - both text and video - on digital
- Deep understanding of mobile and social platforms
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Background in journalism, preferably with business and financial news
- Flexibility with hours and travel
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.