Data Entry - Data Center Capacity Management (Contractor)
Posted Apr 27, 2021 - Requisition No. 90428
Bloomberg’s Data Center Capacity Management Team is trusted to help provide on demand compute capacity for stakeholders while handling Data Center key infrastructure constraints - space, power, and environmental stability. We collaborate regularly with teams across Bloomberg to help forecast and deliver infrastructure needs while implementing strategies for maintaining the Data Center operation.
What’s in it for you:
Data Center capacity management is more than just keeping the lights on. You will focus on key strategies and analytics around available capacity. You’ll help drive projects to completion by utilizing strong project management skills while helping to maintain our databases. You will also be relied upon to provide capacity in the Data Center for our clients and stakeholders. Swift delivery of our products while eliminating the manual operational overhead is our goal. Help us ensure our customers always have capacity by joining this fast paced and collaborative team. As a contractor for the team you will be relied on heavily for data entry and the planning out of our infrastructure projects.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work with Internal DCIM products to enter data, and create complex data templates for use in our inventory systems.
- Utilize project management skills to meet product delivery dates and project execution expectations.
- Work together with key stakeholders and team members to deliver products in a timely manner.
- Manage capacity around compute, storage, network, as well as space, power, and cooling in a Data Center environment.
You need to have:
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment performing data entry.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Operational expertise in regards to Data Centers, compute, and network environments.
- BA, BS, MS, in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field or equivalent work experience.
- Working knowledge of Jira concepts.
We’d love to see:
- Analytics and data visualization experience
- Operational knowledge of Data Center environments and multi-platform hardware vendors.
- Experience with server/storage hardware technologies from third-party vendors.
- Familiarity with Data Center environmental metrics and how they are interpreted.
- Experience automating operations through familiarity with software development, python preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.