Senior Software Engineer - Asset Investment Manager, Trade Processing
Posted Apr 30, 2021 - Requisition No. 90500
Bloomberg Asset and Investment Manager (AIM), is our award-winning buy-side order management system. We build a platform that hundreds of our customers use to manage their portfolios. They rely on our platform to facilitate the entire trade life cycle. In the past few years, our focus has been on removing legacy code and re-architecting our system with the latest tools. With the complexity of the trading world and such high trading volumes, working in AIM allows you to tackle some of the most sophisticated problems in the trading world.
In London, our engineering teams own the trade processing stack. We manage the creation and life-cycle of every trade flowing through our system. We are tackling the problems associated with large distributed systems like latency and scaling, balanced with the need for reliability and accuracy required for a business-critical system.
We’ll trust you to:
- Build critically important trading applications using innovative technologies, while maintaining system stability
- Take responsibility for the full software development life-cycle, from understanding the needs of the business through to coding to deployment and maintenance
- Work together with product managers as well as other engineering groups to translate high level requirements into practical solutions
- Mentor others and encourage knowledge sharing in order to drive the growth of the team
- Use industry best practices for testing, automation, and CI/CD
You'll need to have:
- Experience with an object-oriented programming language (C/C++, Python, Java)
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Experience building gPRC/GraphQL/REST services
- Functional expertise building microservices
- Prior contributions to system design and architecture and scaling fault-tolerant, distributed systems
Find more about Bloomberg’s Trading products here: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/trading/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.