U.S. Chief Economist
Posted May 5, 2021 - Requisition No. 90576
With more than 25 economists and 100 economics reporters worldwide, Bloomberg has an unrivaled capacity to explain where the global economy is now and where it might be heading.
Bloomberg Economics offers a comprehensive macroeconomic research service for Bloomberg Terminal subscribers. That includes rigorous, original thematic research, supporting detailed economic forecasts. The economists also produce previews of major data releases or economic events and analysis as the key numbers break. The goal is to offer Bloomberg clients a deeper insight into the themes that drive policy, financial markets and capital flows.
The opening is for a U.S. Chief Economist to lead coverage of the U.S. and oversee a team covering the U.S. and Canada. This is a critical role for Bloomberg and its customers.
We will trust you to:
- Lead a team producing insightful and authoritative thematic research, forecasts and speedy analysis of major data releases, Fed meetings and other significant events, underpinned by cutting-edge analytic techniques.
- Have a distinctive voice in the market on the key issues shaping the outlook for the U.S., representing the team on Bloomberg television and radio, at conferences, and in client meetings.
- Collaborate on projects with the broader Bloomberg Economics group – contributing to cross-country research, providing quotes to news stories and from time to time working on joint projects with economics reporters.
You'll need to have:
- An exemplary track record analyzing the U.S. economy, monetary and fiscal policies and the bigger structural challenges.
- The energy and initiative to provide a consistent flow of high-quality analysis, setting aside ideological or political points of view.
- The ability to write clearly and concisely in English to generate content across a variety of formats, ranging from rapid turnaround responses to key data and policy releases to longer-term collaborative research into major economic trends.
- Experience managing a team.
- A masters-level degree in economics or equivalent experience is essential. A PhD in economics would be preferable.
- We are especially encouraging applicants with senior-level policy experience and strong econometric skills.
If this sounds like you, apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.