Tech, Media & Telecom Reporter - Paris
Posted May 6, 2021 - Requisition No. 90582
Bloomberg News is seeking an experienced reporter to cover media, advertising, and the gig economy as part of the technology, media and telecoms team in Paris. We're looking for an ambitious, self-motivated reporter, who can break news on a range of topics, from mergers and acquisitions to the impact of regulation on the TMT industry.
We'll depend on you to generate scoops on the important topics our readers care about, while collaborating with colleagues across the world and putting your exclusive stories in a global context. You have a knack for quickly coming up with original ideas and smart analysis on the biggest tech, media and telecoms stories -- a cogent rundown of the latest development in the industry, be it a management overhaul, a strategic shift or a funding round that elevates an unknown startup into overnight unicorn status. You're also capable of delivering thoughtful, deeply reported longer-form stories on the most important people, companies and trends on your beat.
You'll need to prioritize accuracy and attention to detail, and have the ability to quickly expand your contact base as you seek to beat rivals to scoops. You should be a newshound by nature who thrives on a competitive, high-profile beat, and you'll need the versatility to contribute to the range of Bloomberg's media platforms -- including the real-time news service, Bloomberg Businessweek magazine, podcasts and broadcast media.
We'll trust you to:
- Build up a wide network of contacts to help you break the biggest TMT scoops
- Deliver accurate, market-moving stories based on reliable sourcing
- Generate intriguing analysis and feature stories
- Work well in a team environment, collaborating with reporters across the TMT team and other parts of the newsroom
You’ll need to have:
- Financial reporting experience, preferably covering the TMT sector
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Ability to work steadily and calmly under pressure
- A collaborative spirit and the drive to innovate and experiment
- French speaking required
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. Please submit all resumes in English.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.